Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The jamming problem has been fixed. The extra dovetail has been filled. Still noticeable but not as glaring as it was. I put a Williams FP peep sight on it last night and went to the bush today to do some shooting. Still snow on the ground and sloppy out there so I just shot from the back of the truck.
My load was my pet favourite for the 1895CB. Rem Brass, Rem 405, Win LRSP, 47 gr IMR3031

So this was just an initial sighting until the snow is gone and it dries up some. Then I'll get my bench out and fine tune it.

50 yds

Initial thoughts. Now that I got it back I'm glad I didn't return it. Handles nice. Easy on the shoulder with the recoil pad that is on it. Pulls up quick on plane, the sights just fall right on.

HA

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
I'm glad your happy Huntaway. You said an extra dovetail was filled on a GBL? I had not heard of this issue on a GBL before! Was it a Guide Gun barrel they put on it?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lever addict said:
I'm glad your happy Huntaway. You said an extra dovetail was filled on a GBL? I had not heard of this issue on a GBL before! Was it a Guide Gun barrel they put on it?
Yes it was. Remingtons touch. There's a post about it in the rant forum.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
skmarsh77 said:
I think guys have been refering to it as the tactical dovetail
Yes Tactical Dovetail, for accessories yet to be determined. lol ::)

HA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts