Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the GBL back, shoots great.
Don`t know if they replaced the barrel or indexed the other one, it looks new as the old barrel was a little sharp around the crown and this one is stamped REP s . Can`t remember if it was stamped that way before or not. All in all i`m happy with the job they did, hope they passed it around the shop and showed them what a smooth action feels like because i had it like glass.

Four big holes in the target.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Up-date, i put the peep sight on and it shoots POA with the peep centered on the reciever so that`s good.
Before i had to adjust the peep as far right as it would go.

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Glad they did you right.
The new GBL I looked at recently felt like it had gravel in the action and the heaviest trigger I ever tried.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gaterskiner said:
Glad they did you right.
The new GBL I looked at recently felt like it had gravel in the action and the heaviest trigger I ever tried.
This one felt that way when i got it, went through it and polished everything and lightened a couple springs and that smoothed it up nice.
Pretty happy with it but i like the Cowboy better. :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1895Gunner said:
Very nice pitchy, looks good and evidently shoots well too!
Thanks buddy, i got it over to POA after i fiddled for a while and got the peep on.
Well i`m up to three Marlins now. ;D

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
How long did it take from the when you sent it out till you got it back. My GBL isn't indexed right either so its gonna have to go back. just wanna know what kind of wait time I'm gonna have.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Good to know, glad it all worked out for you!

They need to get QA involved in all these problematic returns so they don't ever leave the plant like that in the first place...

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
six_gunz said:
Good to know, glad it all worked out for you!

They need to get QA involved in all these problematic returns so they don't ever leave the plant like that in the first place...

Well gee that would be just plain....cost effective! ::) Oh and smart! Probably won't happen. Still too many people out there just dealing with the problems rather than returning them! :D

These guns will be turning up for sale 40 years from now in NIB condition! People will be thinking what a great deal they are getting when they buy them and wonder why a gun just sat in a closet for 40 years! ::)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
skmarsh77 said:
How long did it take from the when you sent it out till you got it back. My GBL isn't indexed right either so its gonna have to go back. just wanna know what kind of wait time I'm gonna have.
Six weeks.
Be sure to include a very detailed letter saying everything ya want fixed, also i sent mine in the original box and got it back.
They test fired the rifle at 80 yards, three shots and included the target. :)

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
lever addict said:
Well gee that would be just plain....cost effective! ::) Oh and smart! Probably won't happen. Still too many people out there just dealing with the problems rather than returning them! :D
I hear ya....just glad some people like pitchy are making them deal with these problems. In a business sense it's got to be costing them beaucoup bucks with all these rework/repair issues........they have to deal with the problems and try to fix it or there will be no Marlin rifles. I really would like to see them succeed and start to make good quality rifles again..... I want one of those 1894SBL's, but it has to be a flawless rifle for me to bite!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
six_gunz said:
I hear ya....just glad some people like pitchy are making them deal with these problems. In a business sense it's got to be costing them beaucoup bucks with all these rework/repair issues........they have to deal with the problems and try to fix it or there will be no Marlin rifles. I really would like to see them succeed and start to make good quality rifles again..... I want one of those 1894SBL's, but it has to be a flawless rifle for me to bite!
I agree and they have to be made to care, i think Rem will come through but it`s going to take a while.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Time for a break ;D

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
six weeks really isn't that bad. just sucks that now not only do I have 1 but 2 rifles I need to send back to them to be indexed correctly.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hear ya bro but heck it`s just another trial and learning experience we seem to have to go through on this ole earth.
Hang in there and shoot something else till they get back.
Good luck. :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
As long as I get them back the way they should have been when I first bought them then I don't really care. All I want is a really nice rifle and if thats what I get in the long run I'll be happy. I had a problem with the slide on one of my sig sauer p220's sent it back they fixed it and all was forgotten so hopefully that happens this time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts