Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well earlier I posted to the Marbles thread that I had ordered 2 Marbles Sport Gamegetters. One for Me and one for Gurn's birthday. Well Marbles has discontinued the Gamgetter handle and I was informed by the folks I ordered from that they could not get this knife.

Tried several other places and came up short on anything with a Gamegetter handle except the more expensive models. Finaly found one place with one Sport and one feildcraft in stock and took them. The Sport for Me and the Fieldcraft for Gurn. Kinda got my Marbles itch scratched but It will be more fully scratched when the smooth bone Cowboy I ordered for myself arrives.

:D :D :D

Lary

·
Registered
272 Posts
I M H Opinion the new Marble's cannot hold a candle to the old..As far as cutting they both do the job BUT the steel used now,,from what I have heard,, is simply stock removal while the original had packed edges..I think you would find the old will hold a finer edge for a shorter time but sharpens much easier than the new..Most need power to sharpen.modoc

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I think its fantastic gift you got for yourself and your brother.. I am not fimiliar with them , just the quality of the name... Congrats..

G

·
Congrats Larry :!:
My first was a Woodcraft with a gamegetter handle made from black micarta. My second is the Ideal I got about a month ago , that one has a stacked leather handle. But I've had a Trailcraft with stacked leather handle on order for a couple weeks now.
Also bought one of the Chineese made Marble's belt axe's. It was only $20 so I figured what the heck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts