Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my CB Ltd. 32-20 off lay-a-way yesterday. It is a nice little gun. I have been wanting a 32-20 for a long time. Overall I am pleased with it and do not regret buying it. I shot it off hand a few times and the sights seem to be right on. I will now have to work up some loads for it. I am going to shoot 100 gr Xtp's and 115 cast in it. The only thing I found wrong with the gun was the wood to metal fit around the stock. The fit was not nearly as good as my old marlins and not as good as my brazil, japan and Italian made lever guns. I wish it had a 24" barrel but you got to settle for what they put out. Now maybe now they will do a 25-20.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm considering purchasing a Cowboy Ltd in 32-20 and was wondering if $599 is a decent price? A local dealer here can get me one for that and I'm wondering if that is a fair price or not.

G

·
HI:
I paid $629 & another poster paid more.
That is the best price I have heard of yet.
However those of us that paid more didn't get hurt in my opinion. My way of looking at is to look at what the difference I paid will cost per year of ownership (maybe I'm just rationalizing here). I paid $30 more. Take that & divide by 15 years of ownership (I'm 60 YO) and you get $2 per year extra cost by not getting the "best" price. I think it is worth that much to have it in the safe.
Go get it - don't let it be one of those you later say " I could haave had one of those" as there are only 501 of them. They will be very hard to come by in a couple of years.

Jim.e

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I paid $605 + tax. That was just 10% over cost. I would say $599 is the cheapest you will ever get one.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
http://www.gunsamerica.com/ type in Marlin 1894 under search and there are several 32-20's some new some not. Price is better but by the time you do shipping FFL fee insurance not so sure it would be a better price and of course you don't get the hands on inspection as you would with the local gunshop.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
1894CCL

Crazy Horse,

I also found the wood-to-metal fit to be lacking for a $600.00+ gun. I did a trigger job myself and was pleased with the results. At the range, I tried WW296, IMR 4198, IMR 4227, Unique and 2400. I got the best accuracy with the 100gr XTP and 8.0/2400. I'm holding out for a 38-40. SW

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man thats a good looking 25-20. Wish I had the $$$ to get it. I hope Marlin will come out a cowbow limited in this caliber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts