Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 308mx back after a 6 month wait. It looks like a new gun. Marlin said they just replaced the reciever but it looks like they replaced the barrel too or atleast stamped over the JM. Gun seems solid the sights are lined up right unlike when I got it new. The gun looks good. I haven't gotten to shoot it yet so I can't say how she shoots. The action cycles better and stays closed by itself. Had the rifle sent back for the drooping barrel and for the action not staying fully closed by itself.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hope it performs on paper like its new appearance is suggesting and you end up with a super nice keeper 8)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hope every thing works well, you have put in your time waiting! Now go lite r up and let us know how she shoot,s.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It shot real good with the opensites before I sent it back for barrel droop and action problems. Im going to go out this weekend to shoot it and hopefully everything goes well. Im not having much luck with my marlins since I got the 308mx last year and then my 45-70.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
budguy said:
It shot real good with the opensites before I sent it back for barrel droop and action problems. Im going to go out this weekend to shoot it and hopefully everything goes well. Im not having much luck with my marlins since I got the 308mx last year and then my 45-70.
Then I suggest you ask more questions. That is what we are about here.

Dave

·
Registered
846 Posts
Well thats good news! Let us know how it shoots, I have bitched and talked them down so much they will probly save mine for last but untill then I'll just sit on the porch and wait for the big brown truck to arrive.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Yeah, shoot it and let us know how you did. Some of these rifles are returning from being sent in and it would be good to know Remington is fixing the problem, even if the wait time is so long ::) ::) ::).

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
yes budguy, shoot it & let us know how it works out. as a owner of a 308mx that got "lucky" & purchased a good from the factory 91xxxxx 308mx, i've really sympathized for all y'all that had to send your rifles back for repairs. so please keep us posted.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I took it out shooting today. Had to make a few adjustments to the opensites. Got it dead on at 25yards and its shooting about 3inches high at 100 yards. It shot well and cycled better than before I sent it back. Im waiting for my Redfield scope to come in so I can try it with a scope. Im pretty happy with it so far. I think that I should be able to do better with the opensites with some more practice. Im not a great shooter. The only thing that suprised me was how easy it was to move the rear site compared to my 45-70 that I took with me too.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Budguy, you probably shoot as good as most of us on this site. It just so happens that you are honest about your shooting. Enjoy the gun!!!

·
Registered
846 Posts
I know that this sounds wieird but if you sight a gun in at 25 yds it will shoot high at 100 yds, it's just the way it is. Dennis :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts