Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While the gun was in better than average condition when I picked it up I decided to have a full on restoration done. At some point in the last 60 years someone d&t the barrel for a scope mount as well as the receiver, so having the restoration done had many pros in my mind. The intent is for this gun to stay in my family and last for many more generations.
Enjoy the pics. I know the gold trigger isn't period correct but I had the original reblued also. Thought the gold dressed it up a bit.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,285 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A local guy here in southern illinois, Duncan's Gun Specialties Benton, Illinois. My dad has had him restore a few guns and I was impressed with his work so I decided to let him do this one for me. Picked up the Mountie and left my 1920s octagon model 39 with him to get started on....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys I'm pretty happy to have it back. It was a long 6 weeks but it was worth the wait.

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
Hope you did not have them drilled and tapped holes filled in. They were done for Sears & Roebuck by Marlin.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The barrel was not done professionally I did my research before I had those repaired. There were only two holes and they did not match the factory tap that was done for sears.

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
That is a real beauty!:congrats:

·
Premium Member
17,107 Posts
Hey 84,

Sweet!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts

I am a big fan of having guns like this brought ALL the way back. Yours is an excellent example of why I fell like I do :)

She's a real beauty, ENJOY!!

Reactions: OIF2
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.