Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to cabelas looking for powder and 22 and came home with a 336 TS with a Williams rear sight. They had 450 on it after talking down to 419 and tax points left for 408! I'm finally in the. 30/30 game. Ill post pics this weekend.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Nice snag! :congrats:

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
10,613 Posts
Congrats to you! Can't wait to see pics of it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yep, you snagged a good one there.

I don't shop for guns much at the Cabela's near me but I may have to start looking there. I used to be able to find some of the more rare Marlin models at local gun shows but apparently they've dried up around here.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Congrats! Looking forward to pix!

·
Banned
6,933 Posts

I don't shop for guns much at the Cabela's near me but I may have to start looking there. I used to be able to find some of the more rare Marlin models at local gun shows but apparently they've dried up around here.
I don't know where in SE PA you are, but if you are within driving distance of Lancaster County or any other once rural area, you might want to Google Auctioneers in your area or within a close drive. They run Auctions this time of year for Estate Sales. People die off and everything they own is auctioned off. I have come across a number of great firearms at regional Auctions here in Central PA. Do a little research and check out the Auctioneers that have websites. The "good" ones post pictures of what they are going to auction and many of them post pictures, model and serial numbers on-line. The Internet can be a great tool if you do your homework.

I wouldn't depend on the big-box stores to get older guns. The older Winnies and Marlins are great firearms and can be bought at fair prices. I like the bidding arrangement rather than Gun Shows that typically inflate the prices and negotiate one on one with potential buyers.

Cheers!

Mike T.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts

Didn't see any used Marlins on the rack in Hamburg last Friday Karys.
I've been considering a stainless 1894/mag myself, but no luck on that ether.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took me a minute 10 months into smart phone still don't have it down lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts