Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Mighty fine looking rifle ARA, and the leather is black, Sweet! I'd be proud to own that rifle for sure.
JB

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jbaker30! Now it's time to get one for the SBL

·
Registered
970 Posts
Nickel plated brass, the devil is in the details. Very nice!

BB

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's actually once loaded new Starline brass lol

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
ARA that is sweet, who made it?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gunstockcovers

Reactions: miket156

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They do great work. I actually just placed another order for my SBL!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking good. Looks like he does fantastic work.

I just ordered some leather from Kirkpatrick for a SBL. I don't think it'll be a purdy as that though.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Beautiful! Nothing like that personal touch!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone! I'll take some up close pictures of the cover today so y'all can see the details. He even stamped my initials on it! Lol gotta love that

·
Registered
480 Posts
That looks great - I'm a big fan of their work. I've been wanting to order "the guide" for my 35. One question I have is do the rivets that hold the cartridge loops on touch the stock or is there another piece of leather covering the back?

Thank you,
Tom

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That looks great - I'm a big fan of their work. I've been wanting to order "the guide" for my 35. One question I have is do the rivets that hold the cartridge loops on touch the stock or is there another piece of leather covering the back?

Thank you,
Tom
The entire inside of the stock is leather. No rivets at all touch the wood just leather! Trust me if your debating it don't lol just order. I was looking at that one to. I got the Kid Rio one for my 1895SBL

Reactions: TomO

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Nice! Pretty Ladies always look great in leather!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks y'all. Jon does great work and will answer any questions you got. He has the best turn around times as well. There are several good options of places to get leather for out guns out there! This is the one I'm sticking with though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That is a real nice setup you have giving you 6 additional cartridges. I have an 1895 Cowboy with a Butt Stock Cover by Levergun Leather Works that holds 8 additional rounds and I figure If I can't get it done with 1 in the chamber, 9 in the magazine, and 8 more in the butt cover, I'm in deep. Really deep.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is a real nice setup you have giving you 6 additional cartridges. I have an 1895 Cowboy with a Butt Stock Cover by Levergun Leather Works that holds 8 additional rounds and I figure If I can't get it done with 1 in the chamber, 9 in the magazine, and 8 more in the butt cover, I'm in deep. Really deep.
Lol I heard that!!! It's even worse if you have that much to time unload, reload, and unload again at the same target or set of targets lol I.E. deer, moose, bear lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts