Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Premium Member
Everything that goes boom.
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So to be clear, you own those fine firearms and your bored? Nha, makes no sense to me.
When I say bored I just mean it's too cold to go shooting so I stay home and play with my guns all day while watching either the new season of The Walking Dead, or reruns of Yellowstone(y)

· Registered
315 Posts
I'm not too sure who makes them, both on these lever-actions came equipped with them.
Marlin used the sight systems from here (both JM and REM) for the SBL:

Ruger now makes their own similar but proprietary system for the SBL. The TSBL under both REM and Ruger get the Skinner sights.

Reactions: abqjoe

· Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is that a factory polish job? I have never seen a smith with a Hillary hole polished that well.
No, I did that myself. That polish job took just shy of 12 hours, very tedious. I've already started to pluck away at the inside of these two Marlins too, and as a result of that, the actions are already starting to feel silky smooth. Once the Wild West Happy Tune Kit comes in for this SBL, I'll really be able to do a proper polish job on the inside of it. Of course I'd never polish the outside, just some Amsoil synthetic motor oil to bring back the factory luster.

· Registered
1,376 Posts
Beautiful rifles, Gotta to Love both of them. Really like Ranger Point Precision also. But the only thing that I do not care for is their lever bolt. I do not under stand why they don't make one that does not have the finger groves ? Offer both, I know that some people like the groves but to me it takes away of the looks. I like the older coin ones kind of like the 39A take down screws. They should offer both. How do you like those take down screws on your 1895's ? I know it's a matter of choice thing.

1,910 Posts
Beautiful rifles, Gotta to Love both of them. Really like Ranger Point Precision also. But the only thing that I do not care for is their lever bolt. I do not under stand why they don't make one that does not have the finger groves ? Offer both, I know that some people like the groves but to me it takes away of the looks. I like the older coin ones kind of like the 39A take down screws. They should offer both. How do you like those take down screws on your 1895's ? I know it's a matter of choice thing.

Thanks for the feedback! Will ask the team to see if in the Spring we can release a second option, the basic round tool-less lever takedown screw.

· Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

For me personally, I love these Take Down screws. I like the way they look but even more than that, I love not having to put a screwdriver so close to the stainless steel finish everytime I need to pull the lever and bolt.
Beautiful rifle btw, Ruger made?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts