Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to get my CDL license renewed this year, so i decided to get it early, not wait till the last month.
Anyway i herd true the grape vine, you now need your ss card your birth certificate and another form of id.
So i was digging around looking for all this stuff, and come
Across my military id. So i grab that , found my birth certificate, and my ss card.
Looking at my military id , spotted my weight when i was discharged 185. I was floored, just weighed myself yesterday and iam 185 now. I was up to 215. But have been trying, not seriously , but trying to drop a few pounds.
Had know idea what i weighed when i got out of the service. I know there was a lot more muscle to me back in 72.
Guess i will keep walking.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lightest i weighed that i remember was 174, i was seeing a nutritionist and started taking a self defense coarce, that lead into martial arts for about a year.
But i didn't stay at 174 long after i stopped the classes.

·
Premium Member
13,910 Posts
I weighed 185 in the 7th grade. The smallest I ever got was 195, and that was when I was single and running and biking every day. When you run 20 miles per week the weight falls off.
I went from 210lbs to 163 lbs. That's what happens when you get cancer and radiated at 9 rads often. I'm overweight right now. Gotta work on it too.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
At my age I don't care about my weight as long as i still get around like I do now.

Reactions: no primers

·
Banned
8,177 Posts
I am only 5’5”.I weighed as low as 118lbs,after my dad died in 2004.I was depressed and couldn’t eat for weeks.My highest of 175lbs was a few years later after I took months off work due to an injury.Ate Little Debbie snack cakes and popped pain pills all day.
Now,I stay around 135lbs.That is pretty much what I have always been in my adult life.I walk 4 mi a night and work out on a weight machine.Being in decent shape makes me feel good.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Hey No Primers - if you weigh the same now as when you left the service, even if the percentage of said weight is not as much muscle as it once was, you’re in great shape and to be commended!

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Right now I could lose a few pounds. Wehn I graduated from High School I was 155 pounds. Now I am hitting over 230. Think I could walk a little further if some of that went. Trouble with exercise is that I start getting injured. Had a hip shoved back in place last winter by a chiroprator so about the tiem I get going something like that happens.

DEP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts