Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Following Ranch Dog's advice I decided to get a scope for my rifle. After doing some research and looking around I went with the Weaver K2.5. Mounted it on there this evening and bore sighted it. I’m going to try to take it to the shooting range tomorrow to sight it in.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Thats some nice lumber on that rifle.. looks good with the scope too.. . :lol:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I took it out to the shooting range this morning to sight it in. The target was the last three shoots I fired at 50 yards. I think it's ready for Mr. Piggy.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Looking great for sure..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
biglmbass said:
Nice shooting!

What type of rings/mount did you use w/ that scope? Please advise. TIA
For the base I used a Weaver 63B one piece base. The rings are Millett 1" Angle-Loc that I believe are medium height. I could have used Millet low height rings but that would have required the use of a hammer spur. With the medium height rings I can still access the hammer without a spur.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Unless I change my mind, I believe that K2.5 is the scope I'm going w/ on my blued 336. I was planning on the Burris 4x "short mag" which is what used to be cataloged as their compact, but I'd really rather not pay the extra money. To my eyes at least the scopes w/ the 20mm objectives look the best on a lever action.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I put a 3x9 Tasco Cheap one on mine just cause of the antler restriction, so I don't make a mistake.. can't afford to .. with the fines and punishment they impose.. but if its lifted will go back to open.. ..

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
drice,

Nice setup! Piggys beware!

I like the K2.5. Have used them off and on for years on a variety of rifles. Currently have one on a Rem. Classic in 35 Whelen which I used to take a 4X5 bull elk 2 weeks ago.

I'm looking at putting a scope on my Marlin in 35 Rem. and the K2.5 is on the short list for that duty. :wink:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

I joined the bandwagon and put a scope on my 336 .35 rem. Tried a peep sight but the gun shot about 6 inches high at 50 yards and that was at its lowest setting.

I went with a 4 power millet compact scope and so far I like it, looks pretty good on the gun to.

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
I stuck a 4X Pistol Scope in a Scout Mount on my 336/35 Remington, and while I might put on a better scope someday, it will always be out front, instead of on the receiver. I'm so spoiled on this setup that I'll never go back to irons or rifle scopes, I think it ruins the carryability of the levergun. I also have an 1894/44 Mag with a similar setup, and it's 2-eyes-open FAST on target. Try it, most folks who peer thru mine are quickly convinced it's the hot setup!

Papajohn

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

sorry I forgot that part. the gun was shooting that high with an aftermarket firesight on the front that was taller then stock, it was about as tall as the front hood was. I really didnt want a front sight anytaller then that sticking up on the gun.

I am happy with the way the gun handles with the scope, I just wish it was a little lower down on the reciever but it is already about as low as it can go.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
biglmbass said:
Unless I change my mind, I believe that K2.5 is the scope I'm going w/ on my blued 336. I was planning on the Burris 4x "short mag" which is what used to be cataloged as their compact, but I'd really rather not pay the extra money. To my eyes at least the scopes w/ the 20mm objectives look the best on a lever action.
Don’t know if you made up your mind or not but I thought I would provide some input on the K2.5. I took it out this weekend for pig hunting and was very impressed with the scope. Its performance it low light situations was amazing. It is a very light weight and compact that did not interfere in anyway while crawling thou thick cedar looking for sleeping pigs or chassing them in the dark with a flash light. It never fogged up and it always kept a clear picture despite the weather. If I paid $250 for this scope I still would be happy with it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the additional input. I haven't purchased the scope yet due to flat pockets, but hope to get something soon. Haven't completely made up my mind, but I do wish that K2.5 was offered in a matte finish.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts