Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shooting my 1894S (.45 colt). I just put an EGW rail, Burris PEPR mount and Burris Fullfield Illuminated 3x9 on it. Shouldering it is absolutely instinctive.

The scope comes up perfectly to my eye, but it is mounted somewhat high over the bore, and is rather heavy. I think I just added almost a pound and a half to the rifle, but it sure is heavy duty. Kinda having a love/hate relationship with it right now... ugly, but REALLY functional.

Ah well, so I hit the range only to discover that the rifle range is down for upgrades until next week. >.< At least I could use the pistol range to get it in the ballpark. After a few shots to get it near zero, I snapped off a 3 shot group. Using ProGrade ammo with 300 grain XTP's. ~7/16" using a bouncy front support only. Should group well under 2" using a proper rest at 100 yds once they reopen the rifle range.

I can't wait to drop some deer & hogs with it.

Luis

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reactions: RamCharger

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Shooting my 1894S (.45 colt). I just put an EGW rail, Burris PEPR mount and Burris Fullfield Illuminated 3x9 on it. Shouldering it is absolutely instinctive.

The scope comes up perfectly to my eye, but it is mounted somewhat high over the bore, and is rather heavy. I think I just added almost a pound and a half to the rifle, but it sure is heavy duty. Kinda having a love/hate relationship with it right now... ugly, but REALLY functional.

Ah well, so I hit the range only to discover that the rifle range is down for upgrades until next week. >.< At least I could use the pistol range to get it in the ballpark. After a few shots to get it near zero, I snapped off a 3 shot group. Using ProGrade ammo with 300 grain XTP's. ~7/16" using a bouncy front support only. Should group well under 2" using a proper rest at 100 yds once they reopen the rifle range.

I can't wait to drop some deer & hogs with it.

Luis
What a coincidence, same here LOL. Shooters World in Tampa by chance?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes sir! That's the place. I like their ranges and the way they are run.

Luis

Reactions: Necrius

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes sir! That's the place. I like their ranges and the way they are run.

Luis
Same here. I am hoping that after the upgrading there will be less long guns on the pistol range though. I think since most people sight the irons at 25 or 50 yards, they use the pistol range because of the control panel to set the distance. I hate when I am on the pistol range and then get stuck between a 12 gauge and an AK that start rapid firing with the target at about 5 to 7 yards. Good shooting to you and hope to meet up sometime.

Peace,
Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts