Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Not bad at all Scott. I hope to get myself a mule deer this fall. Of course the .444 will be my weapon of choice as well. ;)

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Hunting season for deer will not start here for some time, beside it's too hot and I would rather have snow on the ground. 8) 8) ;D

Congratulations on your deer Scott. 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
You did indeed Scott Fisher, and a good one too. :)

Cheers,
Mark.

·
Registered
25,054 Posts
Nice..

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DDS444 said:
Not bad at all Scott. I hope to get myself a mule deer this fall. Of course the .444 will be my weapon of choice as well. ;)
It's actually a black tail deer. Only mule deer in CA are in the Sierra moutain range. I took this one near a very small town called Park Field in southern Monterey county CA very far away from the Sierras. The black tails are quiet a bit smaller than muleys. Good luck on your mule deer hunt and your 444 should do the job no problem. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
janott said:
Hunting season for deer will not start here for some time, beside it's too hot and I would rather have snow on the ground. 8) 8) ;D

Congratulations on your deer Scott. 8) 8) 8)
Out here in CA the state does every thing ass backwards like the opener of deer season on a full moon and in the middle of summer when it's 100 + where we were hunting. :mad: It would be nice to hunt in cooler weather but I'm use to it.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
scott fisher said:
Out here in CA the state does every thing ass backwards like the opener of deer season on a full moon and in the middle of summer when it's 100 + where we were hunting. :mad: It would be nice to hunt in cooler weather but I'm use to it.
I bet you take plenty of game bags to keep the bugs off. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Congratulations! 3 months from today is firearms deer season opener. ;D

How about some details on the hunt when you've got time? Thanks. RevDerb

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
Our rifle season doesn't open until Nov. 21st.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Looked to be a GOOD shoulder shot!

*V*

·
Registered
356 Posts
Several deer zones and seasons in California. Running from Aug 20 to Dec 31.

And I forgot to say...congratulations on the venison and memories!

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Well, it was a hard day at the office and a Monday. It all began at 2:00 a.m. I am a hospice chaplain so you can read between the lines.

But what a treat to come home, wind down a bit, and then find the first .444 deer harvest of the season! For janott and me the Wyoming deer season starts on Oct. 1. Seeing Scott's buck is helping me to get focused.

Congratulations on your success!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Good luck on your mule deer hunt and your 444 should do the job no problem. Grin
Thanks Scott. I knew yours was a black tail. I should have written my post differently to alleviate confusion. We have mostly mule deer with some white tail up here in Idaho. Congrats again on your kill. ;D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts