Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just got the new gopro sportsman mount that suppose to hold under recoil. Old mounts would flop under recoil. Well I just got first chance to do a quick test with my 1894p 44mag. Target @ 100yrds. I already love this mount. Time to play/experiment with other rifles.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Hey Russell
That's a Kool lookin rig... You planning on filming some deer hunting/shooting/killin? :)

SURE IS a Purty looking little carbine you got there!!! :tee: SURE WISH I HAD ME ONE OF THEM!!!! :bawling::bawling:

Maybe I could come'n borrow it sometime, you know just to see how it fits me is ALL!!!:flute:

I prooooomise to give it right back!!!!! :ahhhhh:

Let me see now, what was your address again? :flute:.:vroam:.:driver:..:burnout:.. ....:rofl:..:aetsch:

Thanks for sharing, I think..:hmmmm:..:shot:. :biggrin:

Aaahhh, I'll feel better once I CHOP DOWN my original Cowboy to 16.5" and I'll still have the Beauty I got from you! I'll have the Best of both worlds...... :tee: After all thats just the reason I traded up with my buddy so we'd both have what we wanted in the long run :congrats:

BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BG4570 she shoots oh so good. Yes I do plan on getting some kills with this very set up;). Your welcome to visit/shoot her anytime your in or around S. AL .

I should of had some kills on video last season but the old gopro mount couldn't handle recoil so my videos show deer but shot always caused camera to flip up/down :(.

·
Premium Member
13,677 Posts
BG4570 she shoots oh so good. Yes I do plan on getting some kills with this very set up;). Your welcome to visit/shoot her anytime your in or around S. AL .

I should of had some kills on video last season but the old gopro mount couldn't handle recoil so my videos show deer but shot always caused camera to flip up/down :(.
As described - that right there would be a bang/flop

1895gunner

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Russell
Not sure if I asked you this already or not?

What did you end up with as a load for her?.??

BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Russell
Not sure if I asked you this already or not?

What did you end up with as a load for her?.??

BloodGroove4570
I'm sorry BG4570 I keep forgetting to share my loads with ya. I'm at work now but I will tell you that so far she has shot every load very well. My favorite powders for my 44 is H110 & IMR4227. I'm not 100% sure but i want to say most are loaded in the 18-20gr range. I've loaded/shot 240gr xtp's, 240gr nosler, 235gr norma with said powders (+-charge weight guess) and all hit steel at 100yrds. Haven't had much time to figure best hunting load but as soon as all my hay is up I will have time to work up the best load. September is the beginning of my yearly shooting extravaganza .

·
Registered
17,013 Posts
Looks like a stand or truck hunting rig. It might not be so handy working your way through the brush,trying not to whack the camera with a branch,or slip and fall and bang it on a rock or run it into the dirt. images.jpg Looks like a sturdy enough mount,though. A guy'd be surprised what you can hang on a rifle.

Rob

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Camera is protected inside a very durable housing. I wouldn't take any of my marlins "through the brush" if said brush was bad enough to hurt camera housing the rifle would be in worse shape. Only time I go "through the brush" is when I'm tracking someone's deer. Other than that I establish trails to thick areas I hunt before season starts.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409448570.994833.jpg
Same camera mounted to my tractor while spraying brush with no problems even with limbs slapping it.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Same Camera I use kayak fishing in the Gulf. Gopro cameras are built for outdoor abuse.

·
Registered
267 Posts

I have a cheap-o SJ1000 action cam mounted on a helmet. Here I'm testing my DIY Widdermagic conversation to C45S. This video is shot at lowest resolution setting.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Nice set up. Looking forward to some hunting videos.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts