Preheat oven to 350

1 cup - white sugar

1/2 cup - brownsugar

1&1/2 cups - softened butter{substitutes: margarine or butter flavored crisco}

1 cup - applesauce {flavored or plain}

3 - eggs

1/2 tsp - baking powder

1&1/2 tbsp - vanilla

1&1/2 cups - mini-milk chocolate chips {substitute: white chocolate chips-heath bar bits- m&m's, etc., or add small amounts of all your favorite yummies equaling 1 & 1/2 cups}

4 cups - flour {all purpose}

1 cup - chopped walnuts {substitute: pecans- macadamia nuts,almonds etc., or again toss them all in = 1 cup }

Mix all the ingredients together in the order given -- mixing good after adding each individual one {You can add a bit more flour if dough appears too sticky}
TEST YOUR DOUGH

Using a teaspoon drop wads of dough onto your cookie sheet --spacing the wads of dough 1 & 1/2 inches apart---test your dough by only putting 3 or 4 wads of dough on at first and baking 1-12 minutes or until you see them turning brown. If they have spread too much add a little more flour to your mixture and test again. When your satisfied with how they turn out--bake the rest--adding 9 to 12 wads of dough at a time to your cookie sheet.

tsp = teaspoon
tbsp = tablespoon

Diabetic sugar substitutes

With most sugar substitutes you measure cup for cup--in making goodies for diabetic friends and myself, I have found you can get away with using half as much of the substitue. so if the recipe calls for a total of 4 cups of sugar--you use 2 cups of sugar substitute.

·
Registered
888 Posts
PeanutButter Cookies

PreHeat Oven to 350

1 cup - softened butter

1&1/2 cups - peanut butter {creamy or crunchy}

1 cup - white sugar

1 cup - brown sugar

3 - eggs

1 tbsn - vanilla

1 tsp - baking powder

1/2 cup - plain applesauce

3 1/2 cups - flour

Thouroughly cream all ingredients together until mixture is smooth and without lumps, {unless of course you used crunchy peanut butter}

Shape into 1 inch balls -- roll in granulated white sugar--and places 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Using a fork--slightly flatten each dough ball. Bake 10-12 or until slightly browned.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Oatmeal Cookies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preheat oven to 350

Baking time--10-12 minutes or until the cookies start to tan

3/4 cup softened butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
3/4 cup applesauce {flavored or plain}
2 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal
{optional: after all ingredients are mixed add in 3/4 cup -walnuts- pecans-raisins-dried tart cherries--chocolate chips--peatnutbutter chips-butterscotch chips--etc,equaling 3/4 cups}

Drop dough onto cookie sheet spacing dough mounds 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart.

Enjoy

·
Registered
888 Posts
Pecan Cups

Preheat Oven to 325
Bake 25-30 minutes

1/2 cup softened butter
1--3oz package cream cheese-softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp melted butter
2/3 cup coursely chopped pecans

24---1 3/4 inch muffin cups

pastry cup

In a mixing bowl-beat the 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese until thoroughly combined. Stir in the flour-mixing well.
Press a rounded teaspoon of pastry evenly into and up the sides of the muffin cups. ****OR**** IF you DO NOT have muffin cups--take a rounded teaspoon of pastry roll it into a ball --press your thumb into the center and form a cup[[[AHHEEEMMMM --THERE ARE NO PLUMS HERE ]]] Place on a cookie sheet unless you have the muffin pan that accomodates you.

Filling

In a bowl beat the egg--brown sugar--and 1 tablespoon melted butter until thoroughly combined. Stir in pecans. Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of filling into each pastry. Bake until pastry is golden brown and pastry slightly poofed. Let cool 5 minutes and remove pan onto a wire rack or tin foil to finish cooling.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Chocolate No-Bake Cookies

1 1/2 cups sugar
4 tbsp cocoa
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
2 1/4 cups oatmeal
3/4 cup peanutbutter
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup grated nuts(optional) (walnuts-pecans-macadamia-etc.)

Melt butter in 1 1/2 quart sauce pan--over a medium/low flame or med/low heat if using an electric stove top--add sugar--cocoa and milk. Stir continuously and bring to a boil. Continue stirring continuously at a boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat--add the remaining ingredients--mix thoroughly for 1 minute---then drop by
spoonfuls onto wax paper and let cool until firm.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Molasses Cookies

Preheat oven to 350
Bake 10-12 minutes

1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup softened butter
2eggs
1/2 cup plain applesauce
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup molasses
1 tbsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Mix all ingredients thoroughly--adding flour last. Roll into inch balls--roll each ball in white granulated sugar--place on cookie sheet 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart---Using a fork-lightly press down each ball. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Cowboy Pecan Pie

Preheat oven to 375

1 unbaked 8" pie shell
1/3 cup softened butter
1/3 cup white syrup(Caro syrup)

1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
3 eggs beaten
1 1/2 cups pecans
1/2 tsp. vanilla

In a 1 1/2 quart saucepan over medium/low heat--combine butter--syrup--and sugar. Stir frequently and heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and slowly add eggs and vanilla--mixing thoroughly. Pour pecans evenly in the unbaked pie shell and pour the mixture of ingredients over top of the pecans.

Bake for 10 minutes at 375--then Turn Down oven temperature to 300 and bake for 35-40 more minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool.

·
Registered
888 Posts
24 Hour--No Bake Strawberry Pie

1 ready-made graham cracker crust Pie shell

2 egg whites
1--10oz package of frozen strawberries partially thawed
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 large tub cool whip

Using a mixer--in a large bowl -- mix egg whites--lemon juice--and sugar--mix for 5 minutes--add strawberries and cool whip--mix thoroughly and pour into the graham cracker crust.

Put into the freezer for 24 hours

Keep in the freezer until serving.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Cheese Cake

Preheat Oven to 375
Bake 40 minutes
Cool 1 hour
Chill 4 hours

1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 tbsp white granulated sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup melted butter
3----8 ounce (oz) packages cream cheese softend
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk
3 eggs slightly beaten

8 or 9 inch -- 2 inch deep pie plate or aluminum baking pan or regular baking pan.

Crust

In a bowl combine graham crackers-walnuts-1 tbsp sugar-& cinnamon. Stir in melted butter. Press crumb mixture into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of the baking dish.

Filling

In a large mixing bowl-beat cream cheese--1 cup sugar--flour--and vanilla with an electric mixer--until all ingredients are combined. Mix in milk until mixture is smooth--Then stir in the eggs until mixed well.

Pour filling into the crust lined pan. Put into the oven and bake 40 minutes **OR**until a 2 1/2 inch area around the egde appears set when gently shaken. When finshed baking--let cool 15 minutes on a surface where air can reach the bottom of the pan to cool also. Then with a sharp knife loosen the crust from the sides of the pan--Cool 45 more minutes--cover and chill in the refridgerator for 4 hours.

Topping

Top with Cherry pie filling--Raspberry pie filling--Blueberry pie filling---etc.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Jello Cake

Preheat Oven to 350-375 {depending on directions of boxed cake mix used}

1 regular boxed cake mix {whatever kind you like}
1 box flavored jello gelatin {whatever kind you like}

***{Via Mike 243---sub instant pudding for the jello}*** :wink:

1 medium tub of cool whip
1 9x12 cake pan {greased lightly}

Mix & Bake the cake according to the directions on the box--let the cake cool after baking for 15 minutes--then set in your refridgerator for 30 minutes to cool off faster.

While the cake is cooling--prepare the jello gelatin by dissolving in 2 cups boiling water-- stir consistantly---when dissolved-set aside-let cool to luke warm.

Using a straw--poke holes all over the cake roughly 3/4 to 1 inch apart.

Pour the jello gelation evenly over the top of the cake--and set it in the refridgerator for an hour.

Evenly cover the top of the jello cake with the cool whip--and set back in the refridgerator for another 2 hours.

·
Registered
888 Posts
"Boston Cookies" - via Squacks via Fannie Farmer :wink:

Pre-heat Oven to 350

1 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon soda
1 1/2 tablespoons hot water
3 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup raisins

Cream the butter, add sugar gradually, and eggs well beaten. Add soda dissolved in hot water, and one-half the flour mixed and sifted with salt and cinnamon; then add nut meat, fruit, and remaining flour. Drop by spoonfuls one inch apart on a buttered sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
CJ,
After reading all of these scrumptious recipes, I am about as hungry as a bear coming out of hibernation. I just found that I have gained 7 pounds just from reading the recipes. I thought that you promised me that all of the calories were already taken out.

Sorry that I left some wet lick marks on the screen while reading a couple of the most favorite ones.

·
Registered
888 Posts
EAGLE EYE 444 said:
CJ,
I thought that you promised me that all of the calories were already taken out.
Sorry that I left some wet lick marks on the screen while reading a couple of the most favorite ones.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahhhemmmmmmmm---- as I set down the windex from wiping the tongue marks off -- that are all over --MIIIIIke didja hafta lick the screen?--LOLPMP

They are calorie free recipes I promise--crash -bang-- boink- zonk--#$%^&*(sounds of CJ fallin over from trying to cross everything including toes fingers-- arms crossed --legs crossed}-- OWIE!! -- okokok maybe there's a couple calories-- but nothin' serious :wink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
CJ, I got all the recipes copied. Now I need someone to bake all the stuff for me! :( :)
I forgot to say, I won't let it go to "waist"! :lol:

·
Registered
485 Posts
cj try sub instant pudding for the jello i think its illegal but god its good i'll make a yellow cake with chocolate pudding & the whipped cream on top & i make hole the size of a wooden spoon handle :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi mike 243, I think you may want to add a couple of pounds of powdered sugar to your recipe. Makes it kinda sweet instead of tart. :D Jim

·
Registered
888 Posts
mike243 said:
cj try sub instant pudding for the jello i think its illegal but god its good i'll make a yellow cake with chocolate pudding & the whipped cream on top & i make hole the size of a wooden spoon handle :)
Great Idea -- Thank You Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gramma's Four Layer Dessert

FIRST LAYER

1 cup Flour
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
1 stick butter

Mix & pat into a 13 x 9 x 2 roasting or cake pan
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes and then allow to cool

SECOND LAYER

8oz. package cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup cool whip

Mix and spread on top of first layer

THIRD LAYER

2 small packages of instant pudding
2 & 1/2 cups milk

Mix together and spread on top of second layer

FOURTH LAYER

Spread the rest of the cool whip on top of the third layer & sprinkle with crushed walnuts

Refridgerate for a couple hours and Enjoy :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts