Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What else could I have said on feedback to seller. I needed an original rear take down screw for my Sears 44DL which is pretty much same as Marlin 57M levermatic. Guy on ebay has a few but his pic showed one with a really buggered up head on it so I emailed him to see if he had a nice one. His response was he showed the worst of the lot and assured me I would receive a nice one. Well it is very nice and thought my feedback was appropriate.

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms! Worked as an engineering
12,661 Posts
Can we come up with some more puns without getting banned?

Let the challenge begin!

Seriously, that was a good ebayer.

AC

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds screwy I know but couldn't be more serious about a screw. I had been to Ace Hardware where I hoped the "place with the help full hardware man" was going to fix me up with a good screw from their many drawers but no go. As we all know when it comes to refurbishing these guns nice screws are always attractive and it never hurts to have good wood also.

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms! Worked as an engineering
12,661 Posts
Sounds screwy I know but couldn't be more serious about a screw. I had been to Ace Hardware where I hoped the "place with the help full hardware man" was going to fix me up with a good screw from their many drawers but no go. As we all know when it comes to refurbishing these guns nice screws are always attractive and it never hurts to have good wood also.
Typically gun manufacturers utilize proprietary thread sizes in order to prevent 'hardware store' parts being used that may not be up to the job possibly resulting in some kind of failure or even worse.. The perfect example would be the take down screw I used to produce. A manufacturer will use a completely odd size or base it on a standard thread but make them smaller in diameter so that SAE/Metrics parts will be too large to fit.

AC

·
Registered
25,053 Posts
Don't hate me for putting forth my two-cents, but if I had posted as header like that, I would surly have been banned for expressing inappropriate/profane/vulgar intent.

I would have been forced to call it a "stainless steel fastener". :rofl:

Just sayin' . . .

Gr8rtst.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
On their own, my daughters, when teenagers, came up with "Ace is the place with the helpless hardware man." I knew my work was done. Possibly because our neighborhood Ace store had some inept people and were known to gouge during power outages or hurricanes.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ace has some blued gun screws in plastic drawers. They didn't have this one that is a 8/32 x 1 3/4 oval head countersunk screw. So I went on line and found a guy with one that had a pic of a buggered up head that I didn't want. After an email I was able to get a nice screw with a great looking head and I'm very satisfied.
I don't see any "
inappropriate/profane/vulgar intent" just stating fact about a business transaction. I don't control what anyone else is thinking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.