Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran into a guy at the range Sunday and talked each other into a trade which transpired today!

Traded him a CHERRY Win. BB .375 for his really nice Marlin .375 made in 1980 with a 4 X Simmons Blazer scope. The metal is in great shape and the wood only has a few small scratches in the finish only.
The only drawback------it has the dreaded see-thru scope mounts!

He seemed to be pleased with the deal as well as I !

I like Winnys and Marlins but my eyes can't handle iron sights anymore ! ??? :'( :-\

Hip

P.S. Will have to change those mounts quick as I will be too embarrised to be seen in public with them !

·
Premium Member
18,025 Posts
1895Gunner said:
Ah, come on - post a pic. We won't tease you.... ::)
Speak for yourself.................I'll rag on him for a week or better if he posts pix of that gun with those things on it! 8)

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys---not capable to post Pics!

Now you guys make me feel really ashamed ! :-[ :-\ :'(

Can't wait to shoot it, but want to check it over better and clean the barrel as all I have loaded right now is PB loads. Beautiful day today-absalutly NO wind.

Hip

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
Hey them ironsighters work well if you used to carrying a dinner bucket.

I've thought about mounting them on a board using them for hanging reloading dies.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I always loved peep sights as I use to shoot small bore rifle competition with a Win. M52 and whenever I still hunted for deer I carried my M336 in .35 Rem. with a Lyman peep sight with a very big apature to see well in poor light. I could probably hunt with them in the eastern woods, but not much fun to sight them in!

Sure do miss them ! :'(

Hip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts