Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and didn't find anything so...

Does any one know of a good gunsmith in the Tacoma / Seattle area that knows the 1894?

I am getting my new (used) rifle on Monday and would love for someone knowledgeable take a look at it. It appears that it was made in 2008. Not exactly which plant it came out of but will know when I get it and look at the barrel roll marks.

Am aware of most of the stuff that I should be aware of and to look for regarding burrs and wear and stuff. You guys are a great resource and have read everything in this string up to page 20 or so, but would still like to have a pro inspect and advise.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
I'd say you got a good one if it is a 2008 built in the old plant by a skilled workforce as they didn't start up production at the new plant till mid 2010. You probably wont have too many issues with it..

Don't know of any smiths there, but I think I would just shoot it first and then if there were issues I would look for someone who is familiar with Marlins to look at it even if I had to send it off somewhere. Welcome to the group!

·
Premium Member
7,648 Posts

Check out John Taylor in Puyallup. I think his company is Taylor Machine shop. He can direct you if needed.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Pictures, we need pictures!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts