Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Model 336 with an F Prefix serial number (1949 if my research is correct). The action is very stiff, in spite of a thorough cleaning. Also, it seems to have a problem (which I'll see if a bit of blue loctite can't fix) with the loading gate and tries to feed two and jams it up real good (no it was not from short stroking).

I looked online and found "lees gunsmithing" in orange county. It looks like he does some CAS gunsmithing. I'd like to know if anyone has used him (or anyone else in Ca for that mater) and if they would recommend him.

This is my grandfather's gun, and I'd like to have its action smoothed, it's trigger pull lightened (presently an 8# pull...blech), and the loading gate and carriage checked and adjusted appropriately so that this old gal can be reliable again.

Any other suggestions on a gun doctor would be mucho appreciado!

Thanks in advance

·
Contributing Member
11,568 Posts
If you're up for it, you can find instructions on how to accomplish most of those things yourself right here on MO and there's a very good chance you can find the solution to your feed problem as well. Just a thought. :)

The loading gate should not be playing a part in the double feeding. That's more than likely the carrier.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eli Chaps said:
If you're up for it, you can find instructions on how to accomplish most of those things yourself right here on MO and there's a very good chance you can find the solution to your feed problem as well. Just a thought. :)

The loading gate should not be playing a part in the double feeding. That's more than likely the carrier.
Sounds like a plan. I'll have to study up. I've seen a few posts on this issue, since I posted this question.

·
Contributing Member
11,568 Posts
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:
Sounds like a plan. I'll have to study up. I've seen a few posts on this issue, since I posted this question.
Go to the Gunsmithing section of the forum and do a lot of looking around in there, particularly the various stickies.

Also abuse the forum's search function. Try topics like Marlin Jam and Letting In Two and you should turn up some threads.

And by all means, never hesitate to post a thread and ask. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a revolver rebarrelled by Lee's about 15 years ago. They were quick and did a good job. I believe that Bain and Davis in San Gabriel is a factory authorized repair satation. I've used them more recently to get my in-laws .22 fixed. They were quick also.

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Kings Gun Works, in Burbank is a good outfit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.