Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would never have believed that the 30/30 would have had the new offerings that it has these days.

Starfire, fusion, and now hornady's evolution. I know some of you guys dont much care for anything that is newish, less than 100 year old tech. But you have to admit that these new offerings give the old girl a new look.

I would actually consider a 35 Rem now. I wouldnt have in the past.
Pb

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
If adding some yardage to its capabilities with the Hornady ammo brings new shooters to the levergun fold, I agree its a good thing all around.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I agree. I'm looking forward to trying these new bullets from Hornady out. Maybe it's just what the 30-30 needs.

Rick

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm thinking that the new Hornady 30-30 ammo would also make a significant
improvement to the accuracy, range, etc. of the T/C break action handguns.
I'm thinking of buying a G2 Contender handgun now..

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Cant say that I see anything wrong with any of this. Just goes to show that someone pays attention to what shooters are doing, no matter what the gun mags say.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I might try a box of the 45-70s because they are a VAST improvement over factory ammo.......30WCF just don't seem like it....better, yes. Besides, I thought the wide meplat was supposed to be the Holy Grail now...... :? Besides, if I'm not handloading everything by this time next year, Bear 45-70 is going to kick my a$$.

·
Registered
125 Posts
On the other hand, I have a pal who likes his .30-30s loaded about 2,000 with a 190-grain cast flat point. Seems to be more folks are discovering that "slow and heavy is a beautiful thang," which is why the old-timers liked the 190-grain pill in the .303 Savage so much.

·
Registered
89 Posts

This nice muley was taken with one shot after half hour stalk. 30-30 is a keeper!
Jack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts