Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a lot of times I point out bad cops and bad behavior and what is just plain criminal by some cops. so I want to be fair when the good ones do the right thing. this one did,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Most of them are good people doing a tough and thankless job. But as with any group of people, you do get some bad apples. They deserve respect and appreciation until they demonstrate otherwise.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I like that tactic, very effective it appears.

Reminds me when we were kids. We grew up in a small Town and were always riding our Dirt Bikes around down the road to get to our offroad riding spot. One day the Crazy little Town Cop decided my Brother was not going to make it to the offroad sanctuary and ran him over. Not a hard hit, but enough to knock him from the Bike. Little Harm was done to Bike or Brother. Kinda a excessive move for the circumstances back then. But I agree with what with Cop did in this current instance.

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
Pretty good discussion of deadly force in that video. Makes sense why the officer just stayed in the car and used it while he was taking fire.

Good job. He probably got in a little trouble for putting a car out of working order. I noticed that only officers who went out and took risks and did their jobs proactively got letters in our files. The other guys just hunkered down and did the minimum required. No letters in their files. Oh ya, I had a couple of letters in my file. Kinda proud of 'em. :)

Regards, Guy

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
My hat is off to this and all officers. He used the quickest and best way to end the situation. He protected himself and the other officer. A quick thanks to all the present and former LEO on here.

·
Super Moderator
26,211 Posts
Noted the comment that policing involves improv, I'd say that's an understatement. Best be quick minded, or dead.

Good run over.

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Nailed that one Guy..............
Listening to the drivers audio, he accelerated into passing gear once he was lined up. You could also hear the weapon reports, pops, just before contact as well. I am sure the perp's shoes were still on the ground where he was last standing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts