Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Gold Lettering How did Marlin do it?

5K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  jstanfield103 
#1 ·
I have a 1967 Marlin golden 39A Mountie. The Gold lettering has worn off and I would Love to redo it. This is my first ever Marlin, I have always wanted a Marlin but could not afford it. I have always used a Henry, then sold it, I decided then as soon as I could afford another 22 LR. it would be a Marlin. I have not recieved it yet, and yes I paid way to much for it but I would not have been happy with anything less. I have read on the internet and also I have used grease marker but did not like it. I would like to know what Marlin uses for the Gold Lettering? Be kind first post to this site, and Love all the info this site has.
Thanks in advance.

#27 ·
Re: Gold lettering - Testors makes a wide selection of enamel paints for plastic models, and the gold works great - looks original, ans is only 3 bucks or less.

Re: breaking down the 39's - Actually, this references the reassembly...... opening the lever slightly helps a couple of mine go back together, but doesn't seem to make any difference with the others. Just sayin.............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.