Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with much game in the freezer and half a steer I raised, most of what you see is from one days pickings. I also have a shot of the homemade out of the garden salsa verde.

Whats not shown is a humongous basket of hot and mild peppers. I did all the slicing and dicing. The wife did the canning and freezing. I made the salsa Verde. We've helped some not so well off folks to. Our garden we cannot keep up with. 10 bushels of cucumbers and 8 crook neck squash. Tomatoes not doing well in my area. They stay green on the vine to long.

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Nothing beats fresh fruits and veggies.

Reactions: Da Duke

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Glad things are working out for you wherever you are. Around here, the garden veggies seem to be growing slowly. I guess it's just a bad combination of conditions as we went from a very cool, wet Spring straight into the scorching Sun and near drought conditions. I started my tomatoes from seed in late March, yet right now I only have a handful of small, rock hard green ones. I have a dozen plants, but only 15-20 tomatoes showing. I was hoping to have extra as I always run boxes of surplus ones to the neighbors, but IDK if we'll get to that point. Dunno what's wrong, the last couple years I didn't start getting harvestable tomatoes until late August. Maybe my soil is exhausted after all these years.

·
Registered
741 Posts
@Da Duke - very nice collection of garden produce. Yes - a good garden is a true blessing! Thanks for sharing.
Our growing season up north is just really kicking in now with the veggies and tomatoes growing out - picked my first cucumber today with the hopes of more to come. Again - very nice!!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I miss having a garden. Only 3 of us in the house, my granddaughter and her husband won't eat veggies so not much point in me going to the trouble.
Probably too many trees anyway.
I think sometimes we forget that the simple things keep us reminded just how good we have it. Imagine having this garden in the middle of the sandbox.....
The 3 of us are broke as church mice, but we have each other, and I can't help but smile when I hear laughter from across the hall....

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
thats looks good! i even see some finger squash on the floor 😁

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Fruits of your labor the way the good Lord intended it to be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts