Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever have mods done to their Glock by ROBAR?.?
I was thinking of having some grip mods done (G23) and the texture applied...? (High grip mod, backstrap reduction, round off trigger guard, texture whole grip in coarse)

Anyone used them?

Thanks
BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Up For Another Look of the Saturday Members/Guests...:questionmark:

ROBAR, anyone ever use them
:questionmark:

Thanks
BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Robbie Barkmann and Robar, Ray. I've never heard a bad review of their custom work or their firearms refinishing...fact is, their NP3/NP3+ finish is as good as it gets.

I think the reason you've had so little response to your inquiry is, if folks are anything like me, they have a hard time combining the words "custom" and "Glock" in the same sentence. :wink:

Roe

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Ray I can't speak for my glock G20 and G19, but ROBAR did my guide gun in NP3 and the work was impecable. They also did a 1911 for my brother and it too was outstanding, so I suspect they would do a nice job on your G23 for sure. Hope that helps.
JB

·
Registered
395 Posts
I also agree they do great work, and never heard anyone complain,
BUt I also think a lot of what you want can maybe done yourself and save a few bucks
I own and sold a ton of glocks, was a gold stocking dealer for glocks for 10+ yrs
seen a lot of folks modify them for texture themselves, and there has to be a ton of youtube video's on how to's too
if you look
I don't really think you need to send the gun out to have it worked on

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also agree they do great work, and never heard anyone complain,
BUt I also think a lot of what you want can maybe done yourself and save a few bucks
I own and sold a ton of glocks, was a gold stocking dealer for glocks for 10+ yrs
seen a lot of folks modify them for texture themselves, and there has to be a ton of youtube video's on how to's too
if you look
I don't really think you need to send the gun out to have it worked on
Thanks for responding. Yeah I agree I could definitely do most (if not all) of the work myself, BUT I'm not sure about the grip texturing work. I really like how the work they do looks and if I just wanted grippy thats one thing, BUT...!?
We'll see what happens, I have already put it on the back burner, the farrrr back burner LOL... SOMEday :biggrin: but we all know how it goes, might move to the front burner by the time I'm done typin this :flute: :vollkommenauf:

BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
395 Posts
some times, , leaving a gun alone, just gives you reason to go buy another one, that has what you were thinking about changing to the original one LOL

or WOW< I added a lot of guns using that excuse HAHA
before you send in your Glock, have you ever held one of the guns that had the mods done??
as that would be a big deal to me, before I do work to a gun
some things you just cannot ever put back once material is removed, and theer isn't really any welding and re shaping that's going to correct modifying a glock's frame
why they have them now with adjustability I guess !
and last, I know this might be a ??
But I know when I blew up a glock(funny story have to share some day)
Glock, replaced it with a new gun , so they might be able to put your slide on a newer frame for you ??
not sure if it would be worth the price, but? that can be an option too!

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks MrBB
No never handled a gun fixed up the way I want mine done, don't know anyone who has one done...?
Hey I'd like to hear that story of how you blew up your Glock....???
You can tell it here in this post if you care to share!??

Thanks
BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
395 Posts
OK here is the story about how I blew up a Glock 17
well yrs back I was part of a buy out of a business that was way ahead of the times,
the owner was making and selling hi performance defensive pistol ammo in the early 80's
LONG before any big ammo company started doing so
he was making his own ammo, he had loaded ammo made out of all sorts of projectiles
had bullets going almost twice as fast as factory loads, had bullets made out of aluminum , had loaded ammo with 2 projectiles in each round, had special ammo for shooting thru glass and bullets made to frag apart on impact, guy was WAY ahead of the ammo market
and he had customers with VERY DEEP pockets, he was selling his ammo, for like 10 bucks for 6 round, and this was back in the 80's
when a box of 50 factory rounds was well under 10 bucks a box! and even cheaper by the case, could get a 1,000 rounds for like 100 bucks if you bought right

well any ways this business when under due to the owner had tax issue's,
so the back took the business,
the business inventory sat for many yrs, till the bank knew what to do with selling it, as there was class 3 guns and other guns in the business
so, mid 90's
and we bought the inventory of all his ammo and guns! got a great deal

he had an indoor shooting range where the ammo was at, and we had possession of the building for a few weeks to move it all out
so started moving everything
we ended up with close to a million rounds of this guy's ammo
in all sorts of calibers, hand guns and rifles ammo!
BUT this guy had huge buckets and bins of ammo, not packaged, and we had NO idea what it was, other than loose ammo
it was all caliber separated, but was off to the side, not with the boxed up ammo
so, since we didn;t want to package it, and we got it all kinda cheap, we figured we would just shoot off all the loose ammo
so when ever we took a break move things out, we would all go to the indoor range(had a lot of reactive targets) and have some fun shooting
so my Glock 17 was left there as a range gun while 5-6 guys were moving things, so every one was going in and shooting off a few hundred round every day for a few weeks
then I was shooting one day and the ammo seemed REALLY hot, I mean the BOOM was way up there in sound and seemed to really snap the action back
but from my experience with glocks, I never had any issue's shooting hot ammo
but again, this guys ammo was smoking hot
kept shooting
and then I heard a pop after the bang
HUMM< shot a second round and felt heat in my hand, shot a third round and seen a flame come out the trigger guard
OK<> something isn't right!
then I noticed a hole in the frame above the trigger
OK, that's not good
Now I was a Golden stocking Glock dealer at the time, literally sold thousands of Glocks
SO I called Glock, told them what was wrong, and they said just send us the gun, and we will see it gets fixed
sent then the gun, was a Gen 1 Glock, and they sent me a brand new Glock back a gen2-or 3 forget now,
with the same serial number of my old one??
OK"
thought that was cool, to get a newer gun back with same old numbers on it!(only second time in my life I had that happen, other was with a Colt AR)
they told me in all there yrs they never seen one fail like this one did.
and just replaced it no questions asked

well, since that gun was broken, we replaced it with a Ruger GP 100, .357 mag, for a range gun, at the business, as there was a TON of .38-.357 ammo in these loose ammo bin

so again, every day the gun say hundreds of round if not more
I'm outside the range working and hear my buddy shooting, and every other shot the sound level was WAY different, from a loud sharp bang to a soft almost barely pop
HUMM
then I hear it, boom, pop, boob??
OH CRAP!
the guy yells
I go see whats wrong, and find there are bullets in the bore, backed up to the cylinder, to teh point its NOT allowing the cylinder to turn or open??

OK, NOW I am seeing why all this ammo was put on the side
after that we quit shooting it
a faw months later on, we have more time, to look closer at it, and find that it was all mixed up ammo loads
some rounds were double charged load on powder, some were packed so tight bullets wouldn't even seat right in cases
many of the .38-.357 heads were WAY over sized and didn't fit that caliber any more
so we figured out my Glock maybe saw about 5,000+ rounds of double charged loads, before it failed
pretty good endurance test for a Glock, or any gun I think, sadly wasn't done on purpose, and glad NO one got hurt

and again, after un plugging 3 over sides heads out of the Ruger GP 100 barrel
that gun was fine and working, which sure says to me, Ruger sure makes a strong gun there LOL

most of the .38/.357 ammo was 48 grain aluminum head bullets, and most were just under loaded, due to the heads were blowing up under more powder
the guy that made it all like I said, was way ahead of his times, and sadly pushing the limits I think of what he should have been doing maybe

but he sure was a trend setter, as after his patents he had on amny things, alot of ammo companys started selling specialty defence loads, and still are

·
Registered
8,280 Posts
My son bought a Sig that had been completely robarred including 4 clips and inside the box there was a bill for 315.00 dollars for the robar job. That was about 1998. May be cheaper now bu I doubt it. It sure made the pistol look good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.