Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a G19 Gen 4 for my wife's use. I field stripped it - my first of a Glock - and cleaned it in preparation for shooting tomorrow. It sure is Hasbro inside but it does take down easily. She shoots one well and I don't have to worry that she'll forget the safety. We'll see; only three weeks until she tests to qualify.

Please don't tell my 1911s and my SIGs.

·
Registered
8,280 Posts
I like the Glock 19 and the 23, perfect size for me. My 23 has night sights and my 10 doesn't. The reason I like Glocks is I hit what I shoot at and have never had a jam. Some folks don't like them but some do, its just a matter of taste. Several years ago there was a gunshop I frequented and there were usually four or five 45 auto shooters that showed up every day and I was one of them. The 45's ranged from customized Clarks to series 70's Colts and there was one AMT that was a shooting son of a gun that sounded like a peanut thrasher when you shook it. We would shoot around a box of 45's apeice every day and got pretty good. What got me sold on the Glock was a friend who showed up with a Glock 40 and proceeded to shoot the bullseye out of the target to everyone's dismay. There are better triggers to be had for the glocks but it don't really bother me that much, I usually just carry mine with a empty chamber and I feel better doing that.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Love my glocks! But like my 1911's and revolvers too :) .

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
even though they are ugly, the are accurate and highly dependable.

I have five know,

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
I love my G19 Gen4 it goes everywhere with me!!!!

Reactions: ditto1958

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts
For me too... Glocks are hard to love, but easy to respect.
That is a great way to put it.

There is a lot to be said about them, both good and bad. Most of the bad is either personal or subjective. If they built one that fit my hand well (read: that I could shoot well) I would still own one.

While I DON'T shoot them well and don't own one, I sure wouldn't disparage them either.

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, Roe. I'm going to stroke the Lightweight Commander now. . .

·
Registered
395 Posts
I agree Glocks are far from the 1911, they don't have the feel or bring the images of a gun you want to own for 100 yrs
BUT man they work and they take abuse, and you don';t cry when you scratch one up IF you can
I was a Glock dealer, sold about 7500 of them
and almost half the folks bought them, after seeing what abuse I did to mine , I have hammered nails with it, ran it over witha truck, had a few customers that drove me nuts that I unloaded it(took ammo out of it) and threw it at them a few times, to get them to leave me alone for the day!
I used to use mine on MUD riding days, and I mean heavy mud, and wahed it under the garden hose
I once shot about 1000 maybe more rounds of double charged ammo(didn;t know it was double charged, twice the powder till the heads were pressed against the powder)
I did end up blowing a hole thru the frame from that, but the gun still functioned, and Glock gave me a new one for free LOL

I own some fine 1911's Browning Hi powers, and abunch of sweet revolvers
but I would never want to treat them how I have my Glocks, and to be honest, I don';t think most of them would hold up to the abuse either
Glocks are like Timex's they just keep ticking
far from pretty, not great in any one area, but they plain out work
and if you ever get the cnace to shoot one in full auto,(glock 18's) they plain out, zip bullets down range, mag after mag after mag,after mag,
and what fun Glocks they are to shoot!
will help you over look there flaws with a smile

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
My Gen 4 G23 brought an ear to ear smile to my face the first time I shot it. Is it pretty? I dont suppose you could call it that, but it's easy and fun to shoot, accurate, reliable, and, well, it just works.

·
Super Moderator
9,347 Posts
My wife had a G19 but she hated it and couldn't hit crap with it. She's awesome with her 642LS. Just not a semi-auto person.

That G19 was invincible when I shot it. Very easy to shoot accurately and never jammed. It felt terrible in my hand and was ugly as ugly can be. But if I could conceal one on me well I would not hesitate to carry one constantly. They are about a butt ugly, stone reliable, accurate personal defense "tool" that wouldn't bother me to use an empty one as a club.

Sent from my MB886 using Outdoor Forums mobile app

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
I'll stick with my XDM. But there is an aftermarket grip frame to get the correct grip angle on it. Then I wouldn't mind owning one. Love having no safety except for the one in your head. Glocks are sweet, just not for me.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
My G21 has 50,000+ rounds without a failure. It's ugly. It will never make me smile the way an old Marlin or Colt will. But it fits my hand perfectly and it shoots true to where I point. I've trained untold hours with it, and the 14 rounds of 45ACP (40 if you include spare mags) are what I trust my life to when I go in harms way.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
My G21 has 50,000+ rounds without a failure. It's ugly. It will never make me smile the way an old Marlin or Colt will. But it fits my hand perfectly and it shoots true to where I point. I've trained untold hours with it, and the 14 rounds of 45ACP (40 if you include spare mags) are what I trust my life to when I go in harms way.
My thoughts exactly on Glocks. If someone should force me into another gunfight with a handgun, my Glock 17 would be the one I would want. In over 25 years of steady shooting, it has never failed me.

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
Glocks are just good pistols...

Some of you will read that as -

Glocks are just good.

And some will see -

Glocks are just good.

Brocky

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
"1911's are guns you show your friends. Glocks are guns you show your enemies."

I love my 1911's but when I have to carry it's a G19 Gen 4 or smaller.
1911's are awesome but they weigh a lot and are heavy even my lightweight
1911 models are heavier than my Glock.

I love shooting 1911's but the Glock is a tank and it just keeps working.
I clean it about every 3-4,000 rounds.
My 1911's are babied a lot, cleaned often, shot little.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.