Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Model 75 was introduced in 1968, with the 9 round tube magazine, in '74 the tube was extended to the 15 round, not sure if you got an early '74 or parts have been swapped. Had one years ago, that was stolen out of my pickup, recently picked up another for about what you paid. Sweet guns, and they are tack drivers!!

·
Registered
875 Posts
So basically a “carbine” version of the model 60. Very similar to the model 99M1 (which has furniture and a rear sight to more closely resemble an M1 carbine). The rifle you have purchased came in two configurations; longer tube and shorter tube. Yours appears to be the shorter tube (likely 9-10 round capacity), longer tube variety extended to the end of the barrel and held like 15 rounds. Great rifles with a shorter barrel. I believe the Marlin branded variant is less common than the Glenfields, I swear I read that. I had a Marlin long tube version, it was great but in the end didn’t offer enough for me to keep it in comparison to my other Marlin rifles. Otherwise it was a solid .22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's interesting... Theoretically there should be more Marlin 75Cs than Glenfields honestly. I believe it was 1982 they rebranded them all Marlins, and the 75C was available up until '98 when the carbine version of the model 60 became the model 795 if my memory serves me correctly. But, the Glenfields were big sellers in the 70s so it is entirely possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts