Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a Marlin Glenfield model 75 for sale for 150 dollars and was trying to figure out how good of deal it is. The gun seems to be in fair condition with a few nicks, dings, and minor bluing loss but nothing major. Ive attached a quick picture i was able to take while i was looking at it. I'd like to know what everyone's opinion of this little gun is.

Thanks
Baron
Musical instrument Wind instrument Woodwind instrument Magenta

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi
From what I have seen they are getting rare and a little hard to find. I found one in really poor shape banged up stock,gumed up reciever would not cycle our shoot and a junk brocken scope. It pretty much is a shorter version of a model 60. I was told the one i found even the shape it was in was worth 50 to 75 bucks. I restored it put a new scope on it and bought a feed tube for it. Well must say I love it great little rifle you could not buy it off me for $150! It is a 1975 marlin glenfield model 75.
Here is a link if you want to find out when it was made
Marlin Year of Manufacture - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Here is a couple pics of mine. Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Air gun
Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Air gun

Happy shootin:tee:

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
A Glenfield/Marlin Model 75 is the first rifle I ever owned, bought it as a kid on a lay-a-way plan paying '2 bucks' a week with the help of my Dad since I was too young at the time. Mine came with a scope stored in a cardboard tube inside the box too, all of which I also still have. I mowed a lot of lawns, pulled weeds, and washed cars to pay for it, and wouldn't let it go for anything, LOL! Lots of good times and memories with it... :biggrin:
Enjoy.

Reactions: datastreamcom

·
Registered
569 Posts
I still have yet to see one, lot of 60's but no 75's, so I'd say you got a pretty good deal. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
What is the difference between a MARLIN GLENFIELD MODEL 75C and a 75?
I'd have to go research to know more details, but off-hand believe the the "C" model had a longer magazine tube extending under the barrel length, and held more rounds. The model 75 held 10 (9+1) rounds with the shorter tube in forearm/stock.

Reactions: bootmaker

·
Banned
544 Posts
What you have not bought it yet ? You had better fly son !! When you get it you might want to check the buffer as the material could fail.. Not a big deal breaker as they still make parts for them..
Pretty much the same as a Model 60..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.