Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new to this site and I'm looking for some info on "the Golden 50" chambered in 30/30. I've seen these units mostly with pressed birch stocks. The one I got today has a fancy dark walnut stock and the forearm almost looks like a dark burl walnut, it has a gold trigger and copper butt plate. Other than very minor dings, and about 90 to 95 on the bluing it looks great. Was this a 50th anniversary? or some kind of promotional unit. serial # 69 33xxx. Was this produced more than 1 year??? Any help would be great.

Reactions: IMR

·
Registered
569 Posts
Welcome, be sure to post those pix!

·
Registered
797 Posts
I've never seen one, but would sure like to. Sounds like a good looking rifle.
The first two serial numbers indicates it was made in 1969.
You might want to edit your post and delete a few of the last numbers in the serial.

Welcome to MarlinOwners!

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Sweet! Nice lookin rifle you found my friend! Congratulations on adopting such a nice one. DP

Reactions: skcow

·
Registered
250 Posts
I love the grain on the forepiece! Beautiful furniture and the copper butt plate looks real good too! I may have to go hunting for one myself. Welcome to MO, you'll find a wealth of knowledge here on all things Marlin.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
One beautiful rifle ya got there! :congrats:

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Very nice rifle, welcome to the forum. I've never seen one before, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Not sure if it's original, was hoping that some one could shed some light on that. All of the ones I've seen had the birch stocks with pressed checkering. Some with a deer scene embossed in the stock. I probably gave too much $500 (not the first time) but it called to me and couldn't pass it up. The time to buy it is when you see it.

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Registered
797 Posts
skcow, thanks for showing pictures of your rifle.
Wood is beautiful! and so is the copper buttplate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.