Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I read through the whole thing looking for something about "Golden 50". I also sent a question to the seller, but he has not responded. Pictures he posted don't show past the fore end cap, so I can't tell if it has the 1/2 magazine. He did post the barrel stampings, but I could not read anything in that picture.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think that ad is in an Armslist local to me. Well, about an hours drive. Anyway, I go there all the time, and I was planning to go down that way tomorrow. As it happens, I'm also an FFL, so if you make contact, and want to use me to face to face for you, let me know - this is just as a favor, no interest in any gain. (if it is the same gun - flaking stock finish?) Joel

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that ad is in an Armslist local to me. Well, about an hours drive. Anyway, I go there all the time, and I was planning to go down that way tomorrow. As it happens, I'm also an FFL, so if you make contact, and want to use me to face to face for you, let me know - this is just as a favor, no interest in any gain. (if it is the same gun - flaking stock finish?) Joel
Sounds like the same ad. west Mobile, AL. Thanks for the offer. Seller got back to me and says its a Model 30, not a model 30A, BUT also says it has full length magazine. NOT what I want. I want a 1/2 magazine. Since it does not have a 1/2 half magazine I did not ask any more about it being a "Golden 50". He also said it has a gold trigger. I am not sure what years gold triggers were used, but I don't think any Model 30s would have one. Maybe later Model 30As.

So no need to look for me. I appreciate the offer.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Bob, I apologize for the link above. I'm not finding anything in the Brophy book about the "Golden 50" designation, I had just assumed it would be there.
Roy, I'm glad you said so, cause I sure thought I was missing something. Still- I just spent an enjoyable time reading those pages.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reading the linked info, one place it says the Model 30 was made 1966-1972, then later it says it was changed in 1971 to the Model 30A. Unless models years are like cars and start before the calendar years starts?
Also one place it says 77,603 Model 30s produced then later it says 79,815?
Same for Model 30A, one place 268,905 produced, then later 336,113?

How about gold triggers? What years were they used in non CBS rifles?

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
The golden 50 was to celebrate 50 years of the Kenna family owning Marlin. I have one and cut it down to 16", ported the barrel, laminate stocks, big loop and an XS scout rail. I still have to ream it out to 30-30 Ackley Improved.

Reactions: T-Roy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts