Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking to get more educated on these models. With the squirrel or woodchuck-or beaver on the stock. Not sure what models had what animal on the stock. Did certain models just have the squirrel? Where these models JM stamped? The glenfield model 20 was my first rifle when I was around 12. Bolt action 7 round clip magazine fed. I thought it had a squirrel on it but now everyone I find has the beaver or woodchuck on it so looking back mine may have been the beaver/woodchuck. Rifle was stolen from a break in when I was around 15 so I only had it for about 3 years. I never forgot that rifle and would like to purchase one just like it. Again just looking for any info. As to what models had what animal. Could there be same models made with different animals were squirrels on some models and not others? JM marked? Etc. Thanks for any info. Want to be as educated as possible when searching and when finding one. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
All Glenfields are JM's, some have the JM proof mark, some don't. All my Glenfield Model 60's have the JM, some with oval around it, my Marlin Model 60's don't, go figure. I've seen the Glenfield bolt guns with and with out. Glenfield 60's had plain stocks, some with the squirrel and some with oak leaf, varied over the years, I believe the Glenfield line discontinued in the mid to late 80's. All my Glenfield bolt guns have the plain stock.

The only Marlins I buy today are the Glenfield's, I just like 'em better, the steel and metal work are pure Marlin, they just have birch stocks. If you can get your hands on the Marlin Guide Book by Col. Brophy do so, just about every variation is listed but some ringers still come along now and then, the book is pricey, about $75.

You may want to try Rimfirecentral.com, separate forums for Marlin .22's, all action styles, a wealth of info, more than here since its a pure rimfire site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.