Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a 1976 Glenfield, trashed the old birch stock and installed a gray laminate. I had the gun reblued and installed a BL lever. So, this is my version of the 336BL. I like the brown laminate better, but I think the gray looks good with the blued gun.

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it. I actually have 2 of them. The other is on my 338 MX. They work well for me when I have to wear gloves.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
That's a sharp looking shooter. Nice job.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Halwg, sure does look good to me. Very nice job on that shooter. Take care, John.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Very Nice Hal! I like it.......

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Looks good Hal! I'm not much for the looks of the grey laminate but it does look nice on your rifle!

You know if you ever go to sell it, you could self appraise it for $900-950 like all these other guys are asking for their BL's...... ::)

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Halwg,

Very nice, Hal..............I always thought the Grey lam looked good with the Blue metal. I'd say you increased the value of that rifle considerably.

Tom

·
Registered
32 Posts
So what did you do with the "trashed" birch stock? If its thrown in the corner and you're not using it I'd appreciate the opportunity to refinish and use it. Be happy to pay postage if it's in reasonably good shape.

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It has already found a new home.

·
Registered
978 Posts
That is one fine looking rifle, you did a great job!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
Another member here did the same thing didn’t they Halwg? I seem to remember seeing one with the gray laminate on blue and it looked great to me. I think it is a great choice that you made. The gray laminate looks a lot better on blued than on stainless. Enjoy that little jewel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts