Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question??
Years ago I was working up in the Northeast and cruising the gun shops. I saw several 1/2 magazine Marlin Glenfields in 35 Remington. Did not appear to be rebarreled as the barrel markings seemed right.

I collect Marlins and Marlin paper and never could find any listing of that caliber in the Glenfield. Brophy's book doesn't mention it either, or I missed it. Anyone else have any information??

River Ranger

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I didn't think Marlin made any 35's in the Glenfield line, but I don't know for sure.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
river ranger
I had a glenfield mod 30 in 35 rem, and I have a glenfield mod 30 in 30-30. Both of mine were made in 1965. Both in the configuration you speak of. hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Well, now I know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Marlin Shooter!! I appreciate the info. I would like to get a hold of one myself.

I am real partial to 1/2 and 3/4 magazine lever guns.

River Ranger

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I was unaware that the .35 was manufactured under the Glenfield name. Since it was, I really need one. Can someone point me to one??

SS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HEY Sidespin!!!

Me first!! :twisted: :twisted:

Good Luck-Any extras point 'em my way!! :wink:

River Ranger

·
Registered
697 Posts
Alright, alllllright does that make me third or forth in line to want one? Damn slow commiepooter of mine. Always out to get me. :wink: I really would like one. Rick

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
On the old Marlin Talk, someone asked of this on the collector forum. I told the guy the book did not show them, but it was not well to say 'never' too loudly. He posted a pic of one & made a believer of me. I have since actually seen one at a show in Wyo & it was moderately priced.

I believe these to be rare. SW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts