Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just remembered I had a Glenfield 30A I had snagged a while back and it was still in the case. Went and looked at the serial number and has a 71 prefex. It's in decent shape, no pits but scratched up like a hunting gun but not near as bad as it could be. Guess I'll get it cleaned up and get some pictures posted.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Came with a Redfield Revolution 3-9x40 same as the one on my 336. Can't remember which 336 I have, it's at my Mom's.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Just remembered I had a Glenfield 30A I had snagged a while back and it was still in the case. Went and looked at the serial number and has a 71 prefex. It's in decent shape, no pits but scratched up like a hunting gun but not near as bad as it could be. Guess I'll get it cleaned up and get some pictures posted.
Doncha hate it when you forget that you have a gun. :flute:

·
Registered
741 Posts
If you should decide you just don't need the 30A, let me know by PM and I will help you get rid of it discretely.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Nice Find

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
had one just like it. I swapped the metal and wood around and now I have a 30A Texan. I am a SG fan but not a barrel band fan..........so, I procured the wood from forum members and made the swap. The metal? Ive been hording that for quite some time.

So, 30A+SG stocks+ straight tang+forend cap+dovetailed front sight+no CBS= a might near perfect Marlin and an extra set of birch stocks.......................I am pleased.

Papalote

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
had one just like it. I swapped the metal and wood around and now I have a 30A Texan. I am a SG fan but not a barrel band fan..........so, I procured the wood from forum members and made the swap. The metal? Ive been hording that for quite some time.

So, 30A+SG stocks+ straight tang+forend cap+dovetailed front sight+no CBS= a might near perfect Marlin and an extra set of birch stocks.......................I am pleased.

Papalote
Perfect? Close... But without pics? Not close enough... Haha!

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you should decide you just don't need the 30A, let me know by PM and I will help you get rid of it discretely.
Going to test her out tomorrow. I'll let ya know but after spending the day rubbing her down she's kinda grown on me.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How do you forget you had a Marlin tucked away?

Well, when I acquire another "toy", as my lovely wife calls them, I sneak them into my spare room that is cluttered enough that she doesn't notice a new box, at least she doesn't say she's noticed it, and sometimes I forget I snuck a new toy in there when she wasn't looking. When she's not home I go pull one out and clean her up and stash it in the safe. Hanging out in a pawn shop I get some pretty good deals. Hey, if ya can't afford em I can give em a good home where they'll be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice day for shooting. These are all at 50 yards with a single rest. Not set up here at the house with a lead sled yet. Going to do some 100 yard testing soon. Need to build up some loads as soon as I find some bullets.

Darrell

Glenfield 30A.jpg

·
Registered
661 Posts
Can't argue with results like that. My old 30A would make yours look like NIB, it's probably the slickest .30-30 I own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts