Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everybody.

I have order to Brownells the following :
- 006-000-165 LEVER RAIL FOR MARLIN 336 ref 29-2253A-092-1
- 006-000-164 GHOST RING SIGHT SET FOR 336 LEVER RAIL ref ML-0019-5
to fit on my Marlin 336w.
Infortunatly the front sight seem to be too low.
With the ghost ring on lower position the bullets holes are 10" above the aiming point at 50 yard.
Is there any mistake with my order?
Does somebody got the same problem ?
Could you help me to solve my problem ?

Thank in advance for help.

Serge

·
Registered
356 Posts
Same thing happen to me when I got my XS sights. Call XS customer service, tell them your hitting high, how high at what yardage. They will do a quick calculation for you and send you a new taller front sight absolutley free. They will also send a self addresses stamped envelope to send the shorter front sight back. Took about 10 minutes on the phone and 2-3 days until my new front sight arrived. They are very helpful. I put on the new front sight and can hit the center at 100yrds with the ghost ring about half way down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank to you Ronm I am feeling less alone ! I was thinking I became silly.

I have send a mail to XS Sight Systems 2 days ago. No answer for the moment, I hope they will answer me soon.

Do you remember how high you were hitting and how taller the new front side is ?

Regards

Serge

·
Registered
391 Posts
Serge -

I had the same experience with my XS sight. I was hitting about 9 to 10 inches high at fifty yards after making sure that the rear sight was as low as it could go. I also was using the smaller diameter aperture which should have helped to get a little lower than the larger one.

A telephone call to XS and the replacement part was in my hands two days later. They did provide a return shipping envelope for the original sight. All is well now. The adjustment range with the taller front sight actually let me shoot a little lower than POI at fifty yards. I still need to see where she prints at 100 yards though. Great customer service from XS Sights.

Mike

·
Registered
356 Posts
Salx said:
Thank to you Ronm I am feeling less alone ! I was thinking I became silly.

I have send a mail to XS Sight Systems 2 days ago. No answer for the moment, I hope they will answer me soon.

Do you remember how high you were hitting and how taller the new front side is ?

Regards

Serge
I was hitting 6" high at 50 yrds with the rear sight bottomed out. Got the new front sight and I was 1" high at 50yrds (where I wanted it) with the rear sight about half way.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Don't email them......call them! They don't respond to emails all that fast and your email may go into their spam folder.

They have excellent customer service!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I also had the same experience with shooting about 10" high at 50 yards. Only difference was that my 336C was a 35 rem and they told me that the 30-30 and 35 rem use different height front posts. Either way, they made it right by sending me a new front post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts