Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed already but.........
I have a 336 .35 rem. I use it to finish off wounded animals and to shoot hogs. I shoot hogs anywhere from 10 yards to 100 yards. I shoot over my dogs(close range) I can not trust a scope on the gun when my dogs come into play. Not going to happen. I dont like the tang sights. I like the peep sights but notsure if they will work good enough in low light. I have shot a few hogs with my .30 carbine over my dogs. It has a peep on it. I am not sure what size it is. Will the ghost ring work better for me? I dont want to spen 90 bucks on something that isnt going to work for what I want. I dont need to shoot an inch at 100, a bullet anywhere is good for me on a pig 100 yards away. When I am shooting a bayed hog it is 15-50 feet. Low light sometimes.

·
Banned
430 Posts
The XS ghost ring is for you fellow hog hunter. If you want it a bit more accurate, get an XS rear and a Skinner front. For your purpose regular XS works great, stays set, and is durable as hell.

·
Registered
720 Posts
the ghost ring should work out good for you, and check out the XS post front sight. It's .100 wide with a .040 white stripe centered on the post. Works good for me... ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.