Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been spending way too much time with my Guide Guns lately so I decided to spend some quality range time this next week with the Outfitters. I started looking around for how much ammo I had loaded and decided I better load up sixty more rounds for Tuesday. I don't own a progressive press anymore because I like the process of single stage presses. I always keep plenty of H-4198 on hand for all of my big bores and for today I was going to load 265gr Hornady Interlocks. I bought a thousand Interlock bullets a while back so fifty or sixty loaded here and there for target practice don't hurt the hunting supply too badly. I also started with brand new RP brass today which is a change of pace.

I guess I could get a Dillon press but something about reloading for straight case, big bore rounds calls for a single stage or a good old hand held press. Makes me enjoy this just all the more! What did you reload for today?

1895gunner

·
Registered
148 Posts
I load all my rounds on an old RCBS Jr press I got for free. Makes you concentrate on what you are doing and that helps keep things right. Having to concentrate also makes you forget about all manner of annoying things if only for a little while!

Thomas

·
Super Moderator
25,167 Posts
I have a very similar set-up with my single stage press. I use a Lee Breech Lock press for my 444 Marlin reloads using the same powder and Hornady bullets. I use an old Lyman All American die set that I bought from another MO member.
DSCN0908.JPG IMGP0219.JPG

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
What did I reload for today? Recently I cast 750 Lee .452 rnfp for my .45 auto. Have about 500 lubed. When all lubed, I'll set my dies and go to work. I'm really trying to get very consistent reloads so I can only blame my eyes, or trigger finger, or mind, and not the gun when aiming at 25 and 100 yd targets. Yeah I know, handgun ain't for distance but I tend to think a little different.

Soon I'll be reloading for the 3030ax that RangerPointPrecision is fixing up for me. The RiceSlinger .444 won't be dust catcher ciz it's just too much fun when the family comes out to shoot and lie about hunting prowess!:flute:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Clutter free, and a butcher block table top, I would like to get one of those table tops for mine.
The steel legs would be strong enough to hold it I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Nicely organized.

I couldn't do it, though. Just knowing that the plastic bins will eventually end up scratched, discolored, and covered in lube residue would be enough for me to never give it a chance. Preemptive OCD, I guess...

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nicely organized.

I couldn't do it, though. Just knowing that the plastic bins will eventually end up scratched, discolored, and covered in lube residue would be enough for me to never give it a chance. Preemptive OCD, I guess...
I'll just buy more when that happens. It adds a great look to my bench and the rest of the gun room. Besides that, it is very functional when it comes to loading.

1895gunner

·
Super Moderator
7,958 Posts
You need counseling, way to clean and organized, if I can't easily find something, then I order more, now I'm covered until I can't find it again and order more. The last move I made to Coloorado, I found several boxes of Beartooth, 290's and 325's, and several other boxes of bullets I've forgot about! Powder and primers I keep track of, I can make bullets. I amaze myself on what I have on hand in the shop, when I need it! The word PackRat, doesn't even come close!

Reactions: 1895Gunner

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You need counseling, way to clean and organized, if I can't easily find something, then I order more, now I'm covered until I can't find it again and order more. The last move I made to Coloorado, I found several boxes of Beartooth, 290's and 325's, and several other boxes of bullets I've forgot about! Powder and primers I keep track of, I can make bullets. I amaze myself on what I have on hand in the shop, when I need it! The word PackRat, doesn't even come close!
You know one of the best days I've had was when after moving to Georgia I started opening boxes from the move and discovered gun stuff I didn't remember buying or having before. It was like Christmas when I was five! Bullets, slings, scopes & more... Like you there was no question on how much primers and powder but all of the other stuff. It was great.

1895gunner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts