Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this Henry Frontier for several years the wife bought me for a retirement gift that has never been in the squirrel woods because it had no factory swivel studs and I never wanted to drill holes in it. So I got it out today and shot it some and then I remembered a lace on sling my friend gave me so I put it on and used a magazine tube band for the front. Now she will go in the woods and the wife will be happy I am going to use it. I have plenty of 39A's to hunt with but I need to take this one out because of why I have it. It may not be built like a 39a Marlin but this little Henry can shoot right with the Marlin's and this is coming from a true Marlin lover. I like the sling but it hides the really nice wood on this gun and she picked me out a good looking one. What do you think of the lace on sling? It is sold as a muzzle loader sling but my friend bought it for a H&R Buffalo Classic 45/70.

·
Registered
805 Posts
You are right about those Henry's shooting straight. You have yourself a sweet looking combo there!

Keith

·
Registered
278 Posts
I like it :biggrin:
Did you strip that receiver cover yourself ?
I have a Henry hoo1 & gave it the same treatment . I like mine a lot . Its smooth as butter & a great shooter .
Enjoy it !
Al

·
Premium Member
6,515 Posts
All I got to say is LOOK OUT TREE RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
20,502 Posts
Sharp lookin' squirrel getter y'a got there bandit!

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
That sling looks good in the woods. I have one I used on my 1895CB when I hunted with that rifle. Works well.

You're right about needing to put that rifle through its paces. My wife bought me a Puma 92 trapper in 45LC for our anniversary a few years ago. It almost got a chance to bag a deer last year. Gonna make a stronger effort to use it this year.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
I gotta ask what kind of scope is that? I have the exact same rifle as you and just got a simmons 22mag 3-9x32AO scope for it.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I think you have done well with a great gift. By the way I love your place there. Beautiful. If I was there taking that picture. Id have a hard time not grabbing up my little rifle , cutting across that field and head into those hills. Even if it wasnt time for squirrels yet.

·
Registered
826 Posts
That looks real nice. Those Henry's are so smooth. I have a Golden Boy and the action is smooth as silk. You just cannot go wrong with a Henry. Enjoy!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts