Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, you all know I am not new here so I am not trying to pull a fast one, but I have decided not to pursue the 444 caliber at this time. So I am going to sell my 444 reloading supplies and dies and some factory and reloaded rounds. I have
120 once fired Remington brass,
39 factory loaded 240 gr Remington rounds(2 boxes minus 1)
41 handloaded with 300gr Hornady XP,
12 assorted other Hand loaded rounds,
10 or 15 brand new Nickle Remington brass(primed)
Lee deluxe dies and FCD.

2 questions, what is a fair package price? and What does it cost to ship loaded ammo and or primed brass?
Of course ideally someone locally in St Louis would want them and no shipping would be needed.
This is not for sale in this thread, and it will be for sale in the proper section once I get pricing figured out.
If someone is particularly interested in these items, PM me and I will make sure to let you know exactly when it will hit the for sale section.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
WOW any particular reason will miss your feed back on the caliber as I subcribed to afew of your threads.

·
Registered
8,998 Posts
Galaxieman may i ask............................ARE YOU CRAZY!!!:shot:

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Primed brass is not a hazardous material, and does not require special treatment. You can ship it USPS First Class, or even through air mail services.

The loaded ammunition has to be shipped via ground (FedEx, UPS, etc), labeled appropriately ("ORM-D Small Arms Cartridges"). Last time I shipped some, there was no additional fee. ...but that was 2008...ish.

·
Registered
970 Posts
GM,

You have to ship loaded ammo by UPS or FedEx Ground and it has to have ORM-D labeling or the new UN diamond labels. There is no hazmat charge on loaded ammo. The bill to ship ammo is based on distance, package size, weight and how fast you want it to get to its destination. There is a shipping cost estimator on the UPS website. You will need the buyers zip code and you need to have the ammo packaged, measured and weighed to get an accurate estimate. It isn't cheap, I used UPS to ship a 20 round box of 416 Rigby factory ammo a distance of 2,000 miles and it cost close to $20 bucks.

I am not an expert but I would suggest you look into the legality of selling handloaded ammunition. It is my understanding one needs a license from the GOV to manufacture and sell ammo. Given that UPS is fairly expensive you might consider breaking down the handloaded ammo and move the components minus the powder and primers.

I will let others estimate the value of your components and dies. Kinda depends on where you sell them, here, online auction site, locally etc.

BB

·
Premium Member
10,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, As you may remember(I sure do) I destroyed a microgroove 444 trying to get it accurate. in the end it was a powder mix up that killed it but I decided that I would replace it with a 444 Ballard, but the only thing I could find was the 444P and I cant stand ported guns. So I decided that since I already own a 30-30, 2 35's and a 44 mag that shoots like a dream, and a 45-70 that I can live without the 444 caliber altogether. And I blew my gun money on a Henry Bigboy 357 mag. I also know that there are 444 owners out there that need this stuff.

·
Premium Member
10,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not planning on seperating it at this time. but who knows.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Good man! A 444 of some sort is on my future purchase list and I don't reload yet so good luck with determining a good price and helping out a MO member!

·
Premium Member
10,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This stuff is now posted in the for sale section. I changed the hand loaded to disassembled.
Thanks
Amos

·
Super Moderator
7,957 Posts
You guarantee yourself another 444 if you get rid of all traces of it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts