Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At present I have a Barnett Recruit cross bow. 300 FPS. Nice cross bow. From day one it has felt heavy to me. It sighted in nicely. Held impact point over time no problem. Did harvest a 6 point Buck with it.
One of my problems was with their "customer service." You call and get, the if this or if that stuff. I`ve waited for a live person on more than one occasion
for over30 minutes. Just sat there. Waiting for the next available human.

My son(have 2) has a Center Point Sniper 370 cross bow. I have a back yard range to 30 yds. Measured. We practice a fair amount before the season starts.
His Center Point sniper is a beast. Accurate to a fault. Speed and energy on impact. Mine is no match.

No catch up there so I bought one. A Center Point Sniper 370. Now I`m in the game.
I`ll sight that puppy in. Practice and practice some more.

Will use it on a permit hunt in November. Had an permit Archery hunt in early Oct. Saw a small 4 point but due to antler requirements, had to let him walk.
No problem. My other son, who has the same bow as I ( Barnett Recruit) harvested a really nice 8 point. Had to track it through a swamp. That`s another
story. Think of Florida and snakes.

Have a deer/hog permit hunt this Thursday. Muzzle only.

The long and short of it is, Barnett lost a customer. Pick up the phone see what you get.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
One of my best friends has owned an archery shop for forty years.
After one year of carrying their crossbows, he refuses to do business with them or work on their products.

Vooch

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
I really like my Sniper 370...can hit a 2 inch circle with every shot out to 40 yards (my back yard range) with no problem at all...I have been impressed by this crossbow.
Could not get a deer closer than 60 yards during bow season...but then Muzzle Loader season came in and 60 yards is no problem...meat in the freezer.
RT4

Reactions: drinva

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
There are many good crossbows within the "middle price point." That is, neither high end nor bottom end pricing. Crossbows are very good modern hunting tools; mine is a Ten Point that I bought second hand in 2008 for a fair price. I'm glad that you're having a good experience with with your new bow.

TR

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I've been wanting one for a long while....

DR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts