Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of trying some
.357 ammo from Georgia Arms...

Has anyone already tested it in their 1894C? Any recommendations as to the best configuration from them for easy feeding?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I have not used Georgia Arms .357, but the .444 ammo is very good. My only compliant is that it is out of stock most of the time.

·
Premium Member
18,035 Posts
This section is for ammo test results ONLY. I'm moving it to the 1894 section.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I've shot it in my 1894C with great results. I think I was shooting 158 grain semi wadcutters. Georgia Arms Ammo is the real deal and they make good stuff.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I've used several different cailber ammo from Ga. Arms! I have ant no telling how many rounds of their Deer Stopper's in 200gr & 240gr JHP 44 mag also have some of their 45-70, 308 and 9mm right now!! I've been buying ammo from them for several, several years now with no complaints! I have a friend thats been employed there for several years! Good Ammo and not to far down the road from me!

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
I've never used their .357 ammo, but I have used their .35Rem and it packs a little more kick than a factory round. My .336 shoots their ammo real well. Now if only they could get the components so they could load some .35Rem for the customers........

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've used their .357 and .44 in my Marlins with good results. Like several othes have said, they are a real manufacturer and if you stop buy thier shop, you'll find they are good folks to deal with.

John

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I ordered from the a while back and their shipping is crazy expensive!
$66 for 1,000 rounds of 38 special!
Their ammo is good, I had a friend who would stop in there and buy
from their store. He really likes them but he's moved and their shipping
makes it so he doesn't buy from them even when they have stock.

You have to factor in the price of shipping when you calculate the price per round.
Good company tho.

·
Registered
16,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered from the a while back and their shipping is crazy expensive!
$66 for 1,000 rounds of 38 special!
Their ammo is good, I had a friend who would stop in there and buy
from their store. He really likes them but he's moved and their shipping
makes it so he doesn't buy from them even when they have stock.

You have to factor in the price of shipping when you calculate the price per round.
Good company tho.
Whoa! That's a bit pricey...didn't know it was so expensive to ship. Thanks for the heads-up!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
By all means call and find out how much shipping is to you.
I'm in the Northeast and that's what it cost to ship here.
You might be closer, so it might be cheaper.

Reactions: jgriffin1988

·
Registered
313 Posts
I’ve heard good things about Georgia Arms, but have never shot any, but will soon. I have 100 rounds of 10mm on the way. Yes, their shipping is very steep. $17 shipping for 100 rounds translates to $0.17 per round to ship. That’s very steep, but I wanted to try it. We’ll see if I like it enough to endure their shipping cost for some .357 Magnum and some more 10mm. Shipping costs are the only negative thing I’ve heard about Georgia Arms.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I call them, and ask if they are coming to an upcoming gun show. If they are, I have them bring the bullets that I want, and save the shipping and maybe even the taxes (not sure about the taxes). Nice people. Sometimes, oddball calibers, aren't brought to the shows, so give them a call, and if they have it, they will put your name one it, and bring it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts