Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd better let you all know I haven't fell off the face of the earth. Our computer was down for about a week or so. A buddy of ours fixed it and my wife and 12 yr old got it all situated and finally gave OLD dad the okay to get back on Marlinowners!!

Shot in another silhouette match. I let my 1881 down and ended up 4th I think out of 16 with a score of 27/40. There is an Australian kid in town, the nephew of a buddy and he ended up shooting the match with me. He's hooked now. He shoots kangaroos over in West Australia but is SO impressed that we can have semiautos and especially pistols.

Been sorting out a Win 94 .30-30 for my boy to use in matches this summer. Has a Marbles tang on it. Good little gun, only 20" barrel though. Made in 1956 and in excellent condition.

Another old boy up here started shooting the matches with us using revolvers, shooting OFFHAND out to the 200 meters and I think he got a score of 16 or 18 out of 40. Pretty darn good!! Anyway he thought all of us shooting the old lever actions was cool so he just bought himself a Marlin 1889 in .38-40 that he is starting to get sorted out. Has a .405 bore and a chamber that's a little too tight for that size bullet. He's a veteran shooter, caster, reloader, tinkerer so he'll figure it out I'm sure.

Next months match is pistol cartridge and small bores so I have been shooting my 1897T a bit more. My goal is to shoot at least a 32/40 with it and my Win. 1892 in .25-20.

Well that's what is going on here along with another growing season underway. It only gets busier!!!!!!!

Geoff

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Glad to hear from you again Geoff! Guess with the season "growing" closer, you'll be pretty busy soon!
Sounds like you're still shooting well, even with the glitch.
Keep knocking them over!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts