Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

First post here so be gentle :)

Picked up a nice little Glenfield 15 .22 couple of days back. Not exactly my choice of rifle but it was made in Connecticut and I have family there and it has carved squirrels so I figured my wife would like it enough not to realise I'd bought yet another rifle :) took it for a shoot today and I was really impressed with how it went. Extractor gave up after a couple of rounds which was frustrating so I had to manually extract with a screwdriver. Pulled the bolt and the extractor just fell off the bolt ????

I'll try and have a look around the forum for an obvious fix or send it to a gunsmith if I can't as I'd like to keep hold of her. Pretty happy with how well she shot and it's a nice little fun gun.

Other than the Glenfield .15 I have a couple of .303 Lee Enfield which are my main shooters. I'm into WW1 re-enacting and ride with the 4th Light Horse and hence the Lee Enfields.

I'm from Rural Victoria in Australia

·
Registered
21,078 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
Welcome from Texas

Illustration Horse

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee! I love the old Lee Enfields, I used to collect them. When someone shot at you with one, they truly meant serious bodily harm! I hope you get that extractor fixed without much trouble. Those are great little rifles. Hey, we're glad that you joined us!

Ron

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you're here! John

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Kansas!

·
Super Moderator
16,611 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Welcome aboard! Perhaps you could look/ask in the main menu Reference Library/Gun Smithing section, or in the Rimfire section too for help on the info you seek. Should be a fun rifle, good luck to you.

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome aboard Mate, enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from a little piece of Heaven in Sullivan County, the Gem of the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Coyote222

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Welcome from South Jersey

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.