Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am recently introduced to Marlins and I am very impressed with the weapon. I also own a number of other firearms (bolt action rifles) and I love to hunt. We are prevented from hunting native animals here in Oz but we have millions of feral (introduced) pests like pigs, foxes, rabbits, goats, camels, dog and cats... I and enjoy shooting all of them. Before I hear a cry of cats and dogs! These aren't my neighbors pets. They are domestic pets that have gone feral and are a major threat to humans, cattle and native animals. We have a real problem here from packs of feral dogs and while they generally avoid humans they have confronted children and it's is only a matter of time before a child is attacked.
Ok I spent 14 years in the military and after I few other professions, I have been a state cop for the last 14 years.... 8)

To all the US members of this forum... NEVER give up your second amendment.... You will only stay the land of the free while you have the right to own firearms...

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Hi Ausjackal,
Welcome from up in Bundy. You have made a good decision to join up here, the people are friendy and very knowledgable, If you have any questions someone will answer them honestly and correctly. Just remember the only stupid questions are the ones not asked.
So what Marlin do you have and people here would love to see the pics. We are weird that way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Guys... I knew I'd find some fellow Aussies on here. I have a 336BL... I'll post some pics when I get my finger out... lol I am due for a hunt in a few weeks when I get back from a work trip.. I may have some good shots from the that too.... :D

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Hello from the top of Illnoise ;D

·
Premium Member
6,503 Posts
Welcome to MarlinOwners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
G'day jackal, welcome aboard.

Mark.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Welcome to MO from Wyo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again. Once I get to hunt with my new rifle... I'll might have to get back to you guys for some tips, etc... Keep yer powder dry and happy hunting.... 8)

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Abilene and Goldthwaite, TX! John

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
ausjackal welcome :) and shoot it twice once with a ;Dcamera

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hi ausjackal, I am from northeast Florida near Jacksonville. Look in on International MarlinOwners site for more people to meet from Aussie. This forum is very informative and friendly. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Welcome, from DFW, Texas

·
Super Moderator
15,870 Posts
Welcome from Olympia, WA; in the great Pacific Northwest -
THE "ORIGINAL (North Haven, CT Rifles) MARLIN®" COUNTRY!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from North Florida!
JW

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hi there ausjackal

Great to have you aboard. Have fun with that Marlin.

Hunter30-30 (Millmerran Qld)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts