21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,376 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Recently joined. I aquired my first marlin last year (mod.1895 45/70). Slowly working on
"personalising," tuning and load development. The latter has been slowed down by
local range closure due to Covid19, but has just opened with restricted access. The others are
a "work in progress."
Cheers to All,

PS love your site.
They're all a 'work in progress' one way or another... once you get the bug... . And Covid19 sucks... but i'd rather live in Australia than US, re virus!

·
Registered
9,440 Posts
Welcome from Central NYS !

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Welcome !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Gidday from the sunny Lockyer Valley in QLD. I know how you feel with the ranges being hard to access.

Luckily, the cattle station I was on last week has a 200m range so I took the chrony and got load testing done for three of my rifles. None of them a 45/70 though, its been about 30 years since I sold my Marlin 1895 (still regret it too). I am very happy with the smack-down my little 1894 in .44 mag delivers on pigs, especially with 300gr Black Widow projectiles.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
Recently joined. I aquired my first marlin last year (mod.1895 45/70). Slowly working on
"personalising," tuning and load development. The latter has been slowed down by
local range closure due to Covid19, but has just opened with restricted access. The others are
a "work in progress."
Cheers to All,

PS love your site.
Gday Gramps welcome to MO and ANZMO, Ill PM ya.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts