Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,160 Posts
bluedodgeman Garmin makes a good product... We bought 2 120 rino and 3 110 rino :( kids seem to think they are a video game 2 of the 110s have problems. the 120's are my brother and mine and they have done great for 10yrs. the radio's can talk 5 mile under ideal conditions, the denser the trees and they can't locate satilites or each other (hard to explain trees density). we find them useless in western Oregon, but work well in the less dense pines of eastern Oregon.
I don't think you can exclude people from tracking you if you let your partners keep track of ya (I can't and that is a negitive). I don't know about the 450 so here is a video review... hope it helps

·
Registered
508 Posts
I just purchased a 450T. This is a completely new animal to me and I am in the process of learning it.
So far I really like it. It is not needed here in Ohio but I purchased it for my Elk hunting trip this fall

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an Oregon 400t and it's flawless. Recently I thought I would upgrade to a Oregon 650t. After 2 weeks of the screen freezing up I brought it back to Cabelas and bought a 62st. Had the same problem with that one so I took it back for a refund and now I'm back to the 400t. I'll keep using it until it dies then I'll look at other brands.
Garmin ain't what it used to be...kinda like Marlin.

·
Super Moderator
12,738 Posts
Carry spare batteries, my 450 eats them like candy.
Is that standard alkaline? Have you tried the NiMh batteries? I find they last a lot longer than alkaline in my older Magellan GPS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.