·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK how do I make my album? Thanks,moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
It's been awhile since I started my gallery, but I believe you just go to the Gallery, and pick "upload pictures" and then follow instructions. You can upload them in the public area, or in your own album. Be sure you are logged in when you get there, or it wont let you post pictures.
Once you post your pictures, you can copy them, and post them in a topic. Like this:

That's the thumbnail size, or you can post them full size:

·
Registered
719 Posts
don't get mad!!!!!!

:D don't mad at me mm93....but the real beauty is hidden in the picture!
lemmie adjust the lens aliitle:

:p

there! ain't she 'purty!

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Thanks Kaintuck! That was taken way back when, with my $79 special digital.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have an idea!

If you want....just send the rifle to me and I will get out the Digital camera...take some pictures FREE!....ahahahhhahahaaaaaaaa.....

send me any pics you want me to work over...then i'll send them back....i have a photoshop proggie that is fun! :wink:
I think the fellows here want to see more! I know i would love to see some pictures of where you hunt! :p
What about if fellows? lets encourage him!!!!!!!! :p

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Wait a minute - wait a minute......If he's gonna start postin' pics of his stash, I need to git good'n liquored up so I don't cry.....

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, MM93! I got it. Will post some pictures this weekend. I only had a couple here at work. I posted a picture of my 72 blazer I am currently driving. Will get some of the stuff out Sunday morning and take some pictures. Later, Moodyholler

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm with shum..........throw the cap away, buddy.............we ain't quitting until the bottle's bone dry.

WB

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I really like your 72 Blazer Moodyholler!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Val. It eats up too much Marlin money nowdays. Time to move on. It has been a blast to own. It has factory tilt, tach, a/c, posi, HD cooling,suspension, and alternator, tinted glass, hard and soft top, rollbar, and spare tire carrier. I just bouight a YJ wrangler last week to replace it. moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Eats too much gas? I've been feeding this one for the last 32 years! :shock: This is my 1971 SS 427 Camaro, with 425 HP Corvette engine, Turbo 400, 12 bolt, with Locker, four point rollbar, Mickey Thompson M50's out back, and custom built factory rally wheels widened to 8" front, and 10" out back. The engine was in it when I bought it. The first owner had it installed at the dealer when he bought it new.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MM93, I had a 65 GTO and put one of those rats in it out of a 69 Corvette. It was a sqare port tripower 427. Had 4 speed and 2.78:1 posi out back. It would run 70 mph in 1 st gear. I don't know what true HP is of those motors, but it has to be a lot higher than advertised. My freind had a 71 z-28(real one) with a lt1 and auto with 4:88's. Man was it some kind of strong. I can't even imagine what yours is like. moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Yea, don't try to copy it. Right click the picture, then left click "properties" then highlight the "address", and right click on it. Then click on "copy". Post it here after all that.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
RRussell,

I can sure see why thats your pride and joy! Was this a rifle that has been in your family? Does that inscription say Ala for Alabama or what? Also what is the scope and when do you think it was put on? Also, maybe I missed it but what caliber is it?

Very nice rifle!

Geoff

·
Registered
316 Posts
GEOFF said:
RRussell,

I can sure see why thats your pride and joy! Was this a rifle that has been in your family? Does that inscription say Ala for Alabama or what? Also what is the scope and when do you think it was put on? Also, maybe I missed it but what caliber is it?

Very nice rifle!

Geoff
Geoff,
A 3 barrel set, 25-36, 30-30, and 38-55, see the previous page for it in the case.
The scope is a "Noske", been unable to learn about much about him, Jack Connor mentions him in the 20's, and he handbuilt everything he did. This is a "patent pending", so I'm assuming an early example of his work.
The buttpad and scope are probably later than the serial # date, and the silver plate inscription. It's Bettles ALASKA!, the gold rush was in full swing and my bet is Mr. Grim hit paydirt and ordered his dream rifle. Brophy says the cheekpiece was only available as a special custom order.
I bought it off the net, and after some reading of Brophy, realised that additional Marlin takedowns barrels should fit. An original 32HPS and or 32-40 takedown barrel would be the complete calibers available for the period.
Cheers,
R*2

1 - 20 of 21 Posts