Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got her in today. 98 1895G Ported with my 2007 GS. :marchmellow:
The 98 has holes in the side of the barrel near the bore, I have no idea what them thangs are for. :hmmmm:

Gun Shotgun Air gun Recreation Airsoft

Shotgun Wood

Gun Firearm Rifle Shotgun Trigger

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Nice looking pair of 1895's.
The holes on the end of the barrel of the 1895G is call ported. it's to annoy the heck out of the guy shooting next to you (just kidding)
The porting is to reduce recoil.
I have a GS, but I have say I really like your 1895G . :smile:

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice looking pair of 1895's.
The holes on the end of the barrel of the 1895G is call ported. it's to annoy the heck out of the guy shooting next to you (just kidding)
The porting is to reduce recoil.
I have a GS, but I have say I really like your 1895G . :smile:
Just being a nut. You think I'd buy a Ported Guide Gun and not know that it's to annoy the bystanders!

·
Registered
474 Posts
So glad to see the Guide Gun go to such a good home. Thank you Tradarcher for such a smooth transaction, I’ll be enjoying my new Steyr Pro Hunter that the G allowed for ;)

The Steyr doesn’t have quite the soul of the Marlin, but it surely is packed full of engineering and craftsmanship.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/i5ARcf2BbnP2WV4g6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
195 Posts
1998 guide gun, nice! First year guide to boot! I have a 2000 ported guide and a 2008 GS, along with my 2008 XLR! A power trio!

rlm1 Randy

Team 45-70
Team 444M
Team 35R

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.