Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to keep the creative juices flowing...

A preview of future Skinner Sights.... :)

The H&R Handy Rifle sights are now listed on our websight. http://www.skinnersights.com/page_16.html

In order:

WINCHESTER MODEL 70

H&R HANDY RIFLE

CHIPMUNK

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
OMG, Andy,

I am getting ready to write a check for one of my H&R Buffalo's! The only thing I will have to decide between the brass or SS for the case coloring. The blue looks nice but I think the SS will rock!

John

·
Vendor
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello John,

Wanna have more fun with it? Go blued base, brass windage dovetail, and a brass aperture stem, blued aperture.

I'm putting a 39 together for a "marlinowner" like that and it looks very attractive!

:)

Andy

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can finally replace that plastic ^%&$ that's on my H&R Huntsman! Are these in production yet and what are they going for please?

My bad, just saw that you said you have them on your website. Keep up the great work. Can't praise your quality, customer relations, and creativity enough.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Parson said:
Hello John,

Wanna have more fun with it? Go blued base, brass windage dovetail, and a brass aperture stem, blued aperture.

I'm putting a 39 together for a "marlinowner" like that and it looks very attractive!

:)

Andy
Andy,
When you get it done I hope you can take a picture on your website. I am not bad on single colors but when there are 3 or 4 different pieces together I tend to get lost. But it sounds very cool.

·
Registered
320 Posts
How about a pop-up peep integrated with a Ruger base for a 1895 Marlin, using a shorter Ruger type ring on the back than the front?

·
Vendor
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello John, BlueGrizz, and Jimone,

First John:

I've added the sight color combination as an option at www.skinnersights.com. I'll post a photo here with this thread! :)

Blue Grizz:

My own twist has been the Skinner "TACTICAL" with wings, windage and elevation adjustable, rock solid and slick looking on the rifle. Available for the 1894 and 1895/336 Marlins. See photo attached and visit our tactical page at www.skinnersights.com.

Jimone:

A pop up peep, with a Ruger base, that will fit on a large frame Marlin, and use the shorter ring on the front than the rear... ?

Probably our first offereing will actually be a Weaver type base with the Skinner Dovetail Adjustment Aperture built into the rear portion of the base. The base will be full length of the receiver for two ring mounting of optics or provide a "rail" for Holographic type sights, red dots, etc.

THANKS for the input gentleman!

ANDY

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And just for fun...

I put together (on very special request ) a Tactical "Set" for a lady's rifle. She is an amazing shooter and competitor and requested this front sight specifically.

Essentially it is a Skinner Sight "GUIDE" front sight with fiber optic added. I like the ramped forward slope of the serrated blade, combined with very secure and durable U notch (rather than square) to allow light to the fiber optic rod.

We wont be adding this to standard production any time soon but it was fun to build for her. :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
No, the front ring would be taller, with the base beveled so the peep would have room to hide in the rear portion. I like the Ruger bases because they use a key instead of a cross bolt, and they come in predictable heights for this kind of application. A regular set of Warne QD model 77 rings is two different heights.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I have been needing to replace my (glowworm) front sight with a taller front sight,that would be the best of both worlds to go with my skinner peep.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Da*n Parson,

That Black Gold variation is SMOKIN'! As soon as the one you sent me arrives (should get here tomorrow) and I get to see it up close, I can guarantee at least one BG sale very quickly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
bluegrizz77 said:
Have you ever looked at making a XS style or Brockman style with the wings but with your own twist?
Sorry I ment to ask for a tactical style "front" sight with your own twist. I have ordered your tactical rear sight, just waiting for a delivery date. It would look good to match the tactical rear styling up front. Thanks.. :)

·
Vendor
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello Grizz, :)

Your Tactical sight should already be on the way. If you are in the US Paypal will have already sent a confirmation Email of shipment and included a tracking number, if you did not receive one please shoot me an Email and I'll get it for you!

Wings on the front... :)

Working on it!

Andy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts