Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyo from Maryland!

I'm looking to join the ranks of Marlin 336 owners, and I may have just gotten my chance to do so.

I have been offered a 1970s 336 in 30-30, and the seller says it's in nice shape. Normally I'd jump at the chance to buy it since I've been thinking of getting one for a while, but I thought it best to check with more knowledgeable folk just in case.

Here's a link to some of the pictures he sent:
http://imperatorzices.imgur.com/marlin_336

So, what price would you consider fair for this beauty? It also comes with a Bushnell 4-12x50 scope and a soft case.

Thanks for the input, and I'm looking forward to being a regular poster here soon! ;D

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Well going rate here would put it a package at about 350 to 400 tops..

·
Premium Member
6,502 Posts
Welcome to MO from Pennsylvania!!

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Abilene and Goldthwaite, TX! Good lookin' 336 -- some of the 336 experts will be along in a bit I expect. Glad you're here. John

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hi Imperator Zices, I am from a suburb of Jacksonville FL. The forum is very informative and friendly. Welcome aboard. Marla

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Welcome from TN.

·
Registered
20,291 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
ImperatorZices said:
Heyo from Maryland!

So, what price would you consider fair for this beauty? It also comes with a Bushnell 4-12x50 scope and a soft case.
Welcome to the forums.

To answer your question, different areas of the country command different asking prices. The rifle you are considering looks like a fine rifle. I prefer older Marlins like this one and if offered this rifle in my area, I would "pay" around $300 if there was no rust, gouges, etc. If I owned it and was selling, I would "ask" for $400 and probably sell for $350-$375. I just sold a 1976 336C 30-30 for $395 about two months ago w/o a scope because the buyer never bargained for a lower price.

My opinion on the scope is that it is too big for a 336 and I would use that to get the seller to either take it off and sell the rifle for a lower price or sell the rifle for a lower price because I would take the scope off anyway.

bjm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts