Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
28,300 Posts
Very cool quietman. What caliber are you shooting? It appears the water is just turning to vapor. HA!

Oh, and what camera are you using? I've been contemplating on picking up a video camera and I have no idea what is good or not. We plan on using it in our bullet development.

Jack

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
More fun than poking' holes in paper, ain't it.:biggrin: DP

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I own a 338MX. The camera is a Panasonic Lumix FZ200. 24x optical zoom. Optical image stabilization. f2.8 through the entire zoom range, 12megapixels, and it shoots 1080p video at 60fps, 720p video at 120fps and 640x480 VGA video at 240fps. Only drawback is you can't change zoom while filming in high speed mode. Camera is too busy.

When I looked at camcorders that would do high-speed video, they were way too expensive for me. Most of those are at least $1200. Majority of them are over $2000.

So finding a super zoom camera that would do that for around $400 made me really happy. In addition you can go full manual on everything just like you can with a DSLR.

Here's the link to a review on the camera:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/panasonic-fz200/panasonic-fz200A.HTM

·
Administrator
28,300 Posts
I own a 338MX. The camera is a Panasonic Lumix FZ200. 24x optical zoom. Optical image stabilization. f2.8 through the entire zoom range, 12megapixels, and it shoots 1080p video at 60fps, 720p video at 120fps and 640x480 VGA video at 240fps. Only drawback is you can't change zoom while filming in high speed mode. Camera is too busy.

When I looked at camcorders that would do high-speed video, they were way too expensive for me. Most of those are at least $1200. Majority of them are over $2000.

So finding a super zoom camera that would do that for around $400 made me really happy. In addition you can go full manual on everything just like you can with a DSLR.

Here's the link to a review on the camera:
Panasonic FZ200 Review: Express Review
Funny, most of your description is far over my head. But I agree with the cost factor and this camera gets it done and is affordable.

I appreciate you taking the time providing the info quiteman. I will definitely look into this one.

Thanks,
Jack

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice.....but next time shoot just the top off the bottle. if Your .338 is as accurate as mine it will be a piece of cake. Love it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts